Car In Action Photos

Hi all:

After been inspired by the nice pictures in manycar magazines, I decided to take pics of my car in action rather than just standing still shots.

I got me brother to drive my IS and I took a few pics when I was driving his car.

It's easy to get the rear view, but not so easy to take the front view of the car when u have to aim the camera backward when driving at the same time. Difficult to get the car in the middle of the pic. lots of try and error. (lucky we got digital camera these days)

I dont recommand everyone to do this, not so safe.

I think the better way is the photographer should be on the passenger side of a car and the object car is on the left lane, so both car and driver can be in the photo.

Please either click my yahoo photo album (smaller pics) Or click below (gallery)

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/alb...01/IS_in_action

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/alb...Lcorner_driving

Comments welcome, please give suggestions if any good technique for taking photos of cars. e.g angle, camera settings... special effects.......

thanks

SSML

Nice pics there man, where di you find a higway with no cars on it?

Matt :)

Hi Matt: thanks for the comment.

There are other cars around,but not peakhour. but just need to get the timing right. I get my brother to stay in right hand lane when there is no other cars overtaking and of course when there is no cop.

SSML

Hey, still good pics with you driving man! Is that an Accord Euro your in? I notice the Handles!

Also, best way, is as you said, is be the passenger! Best is a wagon, open rear hatch, and "hang" out the car!

its a good idea, but make sure you do not kill yourself for a few photos...

Hey, still good pics with you driving man! Is that an Accord Euro your in? I notice the Handles!

Also, best way, is as you said, is be the passenger! Best is a wagon, open rear hatch, and "hang" out the car!

Hey Uestlove:

U got sharp eyes!

Yes, I was driving my brother's Euro 6MT. only about 5 weeks old now. waited 2.5 months for the car. :D

Maybe be at the back of those wagons which u can just open the upper part of the rear gate (window part) to be on the safe side. e.g.Land Cruiser? CRV?

SSML

Hey Uestlove:

U got sharp eyes!

Yes, I was driving my brother's Euro 6MT. only about 5 weeks old now. waited 2.5 months for the car. :D

Maybe be at the back of those wagons which u can just open the upper part of the rear gate (window part) to be on the safe side. e.g.Land Cruiser? CRV?

SSML

Ummm.......only those American SUV like Chevy Tahoe and Suburban have those kind of rears...all Land cruisers ans stuff have full open rears, i think the Ford Explorer is like that...dunno...