Lexus & Toyota

Hi. I have just purchased myself a RS200 6spd Altezza which is due to turn up in NZ Mid next month.

What I am wanting to know is what the difference between a Lexus IS200 and a Toyota Altezza GXE10 is? I am presuming that the Lexus badges main purpose is just being an upper class brand name. Also for the service that you receive from the Lexus dealer. maybe the service your car also gets? Can anyone clarify this for me.

I picked up my Altezza for Just over 16K on the road. Im a private importer. You will soon see it around. White. Will have the number plate DRFT IT. Currently am a Drifter with a 180SX Type X.

Hi.  I have just purchased myself a RS200 6spd Altezza which is due to turn up in NZ Mid next month.

What I am wanting to know is what the difference between a Lexus IS200 and a Toyota Altezza GXE10 is?  I am presuming that the Lexus badges main purpose is just being an upper class brand name.  Also for the service that you receive from the Lexus dealer.  maybe the service your car also gets?  Can anyone clarify this for me.

I picked up my Altezza for Just over 16K on the road.  Im a private importer.  You will soon see it around.  White.  Will have the number plate DRFT IT.  Currently am a Drifter with a 180SX Type X.

Yes, It is mainly the badge, Both AS200 Altezza and Lexus IS200 is coded GXE10, the main difference is the service you get from Lexus, also the paint work would be different. It is also tuned differently in some ways, the suspension is different, the Lexus is tuned higher up for NZ road conditions, tyres etc. And off course all those luxury goodies you get for the extra you pay for...

The RS200 is the SXE10 and Lexus IS300 is the JCE10 FYI.

A Lexus is the top of the range Toyota, Toyota is already well known for its customer service and reliability, so what make Lexus? :rolleyes:

Matt :)

Edited by LsportlineIS300

Cheers. I thought so. lextcy most Altezza's in NZ are the GXE10 Model which are all 6cyl 160BHP motors. The 4 cyl is the more powerful 210BHP motor and is a SXE10 Model. Quite hard to find a good SXE10 manual in NZ.

Does the GXE10 come in 6spd Manual??

Cheers. I thought so. lextcy most Altezza's in NZ are the GXE10 Model which are all 6cyl 160BHP motors. The 4 cyl is the more powerful 210BHP motor and is a SXE10 Model. Quite hard to find a good SXE10 manual in NZ.

Yes GXE10 comes in 6 speed man, what? most of the Altezzas I see are SXE10's...most people from NZ here has SXE10, then GXE10 and JCE10

Cheers.  I thought so.  lextcy most Altezza's in NZ are the GXE10 Model which are all 6cyl 160BHP motors.  The 4 cyl is the more powerful 210BHP motor and is a SXE10 Model.  Quite hard to find a good SXE10 manual in NZ.

Yes GXE10 comes in 6 speed man, what? most of the Altezzas I see are SXE10's...most people from NZ here has SXE10, then GXE10 and JCE10

Hi mate

I do agree with your.

mostly people we known are driving sxe-10, not AS 200

Wow really! I was looking at car yards for about 4 months and only ever found 3 SXE10's Only 1 was manual. The other 20 odd Altezza's were GXE10s' Mostly Auto and way over priced. Only about 2 or 3 were manual. The GXE10 just has such a lack of power. Especially when I am coming from a 180SX 2ltr Turbo. My 180 has 158KW at the wheels so it is a big decrease in power for me. But I love the handling and style of the Altezza. The 180 is just not a good car to drive to town and back every day.

Would love to drop a SR20DET motor into the Altezza. It has already been done in Japan. Was a purpose built drift car. But I am having a rest from the power scene for a few months. The Altezza still has great performance but I am saving for a purpose built drift car that I will buy from japan. Hopefully will have something by Mid 04.

Never know. May have the first purpose drift Altezza in NZ.