As200 Vs Rs200

Hi guys.

I just found this club last night and I'm really enjoying it :D

I'm looking for an automatic Altezza to buy.

I had lots of times spent on web and reading autotrader and have found 2 cars

seems pretty nice to me. One is well optioned AS 200 and the other one is just plain RS 200.

1. 1999 Toyota Alteza AS200 14,000 Km NZ$29,995-00

This one is white colour (my best favorite!) and has full elegance sports options (sports grill, spoiler, body kits etc)

2.1999 Toyota Alteza RS200 25,000Km NZ$29,995-00

This one is silver one and 100% PLAIN RS200 (no spoilers etc.)

Here comes my dilemma. :unsure:

Should I go for better looking in my favorite colour but lower powered AS200 or just more powerful RS200.

Is there any difference between rs200 and as200 other than power, engine room structure and gearbox?

It's really hard to decide. what do you guys think?

It' will be my family car so I don't have any plans for mods

Regards

J

ps. Thank you for reading my LONG stupid question :D

Hi guys.

I just found this club last night and I'm really enjoying it :D

seems pretty nice to me. One is well optioned AS 200 and the other one is just plain RS 200.

This one is white colour (my best favorite!) and has full elegance sports options (sports grill, spoiler, body kits etc)

Here comes my dilemma. :unsure:

Should I go for better looking in my favorite colour but lower powered AS200 or just more powerful RS200.

Is there any difference between rs200 and as200 other than power, engine room structure and gearbox?

Regards

J

ps. Thank you for reading my LONG stupid question :D

Welcome,

First of all...read the difference in the spec on the pinned post I have already made, then ask yourself what you want to achieve...I will go to the 3S-GE non bodykit RS200...AS200 and IS200 is too slow unless its S/C or GAVINS Quadlitat, good luck if you can find one...

Matt :)

Just go drive six different ones then re-think it!!!

Feel the difference between the 4cyl and the 6cyl, the power and the smoothness, and first decide between that. Then take a look around and don't hurry, there are lots for sale of both types and you can get the colour you want if you wait a few weeks.

There are some nice cars out there with all sorts of extras.

good luck and welcome to the club!

keith

Hi guys.

I just found this club last night and I'm really enjoying it  :D

Here comes my dilemma.  :unsure:

Regards

J

ps. Thank you for reading my LONG stupid question  :D

Welcome,

First of all...read the difference in the spec on the pinned post I have already made, then ask yourself what you want to achieve...I will go to the 3S-GE non bodykit RS200...AS200 and IS200 is too slow unless its S/C or GAVINS Quadlitat, good luck if you can find one...

Ah......

I'm really sorry but I've read most of the topics but still can't find it. (Am I blind? :unsure: )

Matt could you please give me the link of the topic?

Thanks

Regards

J

Hi guys.

I just found this club last night and I'm really enjoying it  :D

Here comes my dilemma.  :unsure:

Regards

J

ps. Thank you for reading my LONG stupid question  :D

Welcome,

Ah......

I'm really sorry but I've read most of the topics but still can't find it. (Am I blind? :unsure: )

Matt could you please give me the link of the topic?

Thanks

Regards

J

Click Here

Its the 2nd post from the top...you should be able to see it, I did say Pinned topics...anyway enjoy...got any more Q's let us know.

Thanks Matt. I really appreciate it :)

btw I found this website from other toyota forum and thought it was very useful if some of you haven't read it

http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/toyot...ltezza/main.htm

Hope I get either AS or RS soon :D

Regards

J

OK man, cheers...good luck on your search, if you ever need any help let us know...Good Luck!

Hi

One more question b4 I go to bed (4am!)

How can I tell the Z edition?

I now know that there are normal, Z and L edition.

I'm wanting to get a Z edition either of AS or RS

Regards

J

Z-Edition...ummm...as long as it has 17" Factory alloys, factory setreo with CD player and 2 tone leather steering wheel and leather shift knob it will be Z-Edition...L Edition has leather...the base model has hubcaps and not leather steering wheels etc... Good Luck!

Howdy Folks...

Another newbie here. Not yet an owner, but currently researching the market for RS200Z's... Hope to join the ranks soon - I've seen a nicely spec'ed manual in Tauranga, but I don't want to leap into a decision until I've spent a few months understanding them a little better, tho it is very tempting to just grab it now... ;)

Cheers,

Jason.

My Current Ride (Primera)

Same advice Jason, go drive at least 6 so you can feel what a difference there is between them. I got mine from Wayne Richards @ Tony Richards Toyota in Paeroa, and he has one or two in there regularly. He can look up the forthcoming orders and tell you what is arriving over the next couple of months and currently going through the Signature system. If not, how about Turners Auctions up here? They have everything on the website about the upcoming auctions.

Welcome to the club and good hunting.

keith

If you are in the market to buy an Altezza there are many good examples showing up.

I currently have a 1999 RS200 Manual in White for sale. I am asking $26,500ono. Private sale.

Awesome cars. Far outhandle my 180SX. Mind you my 180 isn't exactly built for Grip!

Thanks Greeneyes, that sounds like good advice. I saw what seemed like a really nice specimen at Bay Nissan in Tauranga (apparently they regularly import Altezzas) and was tempted to jump right in. However common sense got the better of me and I decided to trial the market for 6 months before getting to carried away. And besides, test driving a stack of Altezza's sounds like a great concept to me. :D

I will have to catch up with the folks in Paeroa, taking them for a flick through the gorge to my old hometown of Waihi would be a good way to trial the handling...

If your budget allows, go for the RS200. This model is placed at a higher position within the Altezza range, and mods are much easier to find :lol:

Very True...its really hard even to find a god damn filter for the AS/IS200...fo for SXE10...

I believe that the engine of the RS200 is stronger than the AS200. Also, since the RS200 is a 4-cylinder and the the AS200 is an 6-cylinder, so i expect that maintenance for the RS200 is probably easier and cheaper.

Just be lucky that you can pick the RS200 over the AS200. Many people who want to get an RS200 do not get that option :lol: