Importing/converting A Is300 From Usa

Hello all,

I live in the US and own a 2001 IS300. I am looking at returning to Australia and would like to bring my car back with me. I'm hoping that anybody has advice on:

1. Importing in general. What is the process? What are the costs? What are the gotcha's?

2. Left to Right Conversion. Where in Australia can I get this done? What are the costs?

Appreciate any help or general thoughts on whether I'm out of my mind or not ... :D

cheers

Pete

IMHO you would be best to sell your car there (remove and keep your mods though), and buy a new one here

a. The US dollar is still stronger than AUD so u will save there

b. The cost of compliancing and converting the car to AU standards will be ridiculous

c. Not 100% sure but you cannot import any car that is already available on the australian market e.g. WRX's

Browse around here for more info:

http://www.dotars.gov.au/

Or here

www.prestigemotorsports.com.au

Hello all,

I live in the US and own a 2001 IS300. I am looking at returning to Australia and would like to bring my car back with me. I'm hoping that anybody has advice on:

1. Importing in general. What is the process? What are the costs? What are the gotcha's?

2. Left to Right Conversion. Where in Australia can I get this done? What are the costs?

Appreciate any help or general thoughts on whether I'm out of my mind or not ... :D

cheers

Pete

No one does a conversion for the IS300 in the Pacific area, even if they do they might screw it up, my point is to sell it and buy yourself another oen when you are back in Oz, welcome aboard!

Matt :D

Hi :

I agree with Lextcey and Matt.

I dont think it worth the trouble to bring ur IS300 back to AU.

Importing car is one thing, I think the most difficult part is to convert from LHD to RHD.

It's not just change the interior parts. U also have to consider what's in the bonnet. e.g steering colum, all the cables and wires.....etc. If u just compare the pictures of engine bays of USA IS300 and AU IS300 u will see some difference.

I have seen a few older american sport cars been converted to RHD for AU market. The finish was in poor quality. e.g. u can see the plastic panels been screwed together. The gear shifter (MT) is tilting toward left. ... ... I m pretty sure today's quality will be much better , but I dont know if there is anyone can do IS300 conversion.

tata

SSML