Compatible Bluetooth Phones For Is250

Does anyone have a list, or can point me to a web URL showing which mobiles sold in Australia can be used with my IS250 built-in phone system? My Blackberry 7130e works brilliantly but my wife's Samsung SGH-Z510, which pairs OK produces very distorted/crackly sound - to the point where the quality of the connection is useless. I have found a US link with a list but this does not apply here as many phones are not available plus there may be technology differences.... :(

Does anyone have a list, or can point me to a web URL showing which mobiles sold in Australia can be used with my IS250 built-in phone system? My Blackberry 7130e works brilliantly but my wife's Samsung SGH-Z510, which pairs OK produces very distorted/crackly sound - to the point where the quality of the connection is useless. I have found a US link with a list but this does not apply here as many phones are not available plus there may be technology differences.... :(

Dr Dan

I use a nokia N70 and a motorola V3 with no issues at all.

palms

• 1 year later...

I picked up my IS250 Sports Luxury yesterday - I am IN LOVE!!!!!

My Motorola V3x doesn't auto pair :-(

I am due for a "free" upgrade.

Has anyone had any experience with the Sony Ericsson K850i or the K770i??

• 5 months later...
has anyone had problems with the Apple Iphone, where the person your talking to only hears every 3rd word or so, breaks up non stop, BUT you can hear them fine?

I thnk that might be a problem with the iphone rather than the car. It hapens to me infrequently in the car but it also happens to my friend a lot more who also has an iphone but a different car.

i've got the original iphone i bought in hong kong whilst on holiday and it works really well. its actually surprising as mine still works when i leave it upstairs (2nd level, i'm in a townhouse) and clean my car in the garage in the basement directly beneath.

There's another thread in this forum regarding problems with the iPhone. I've used 1st gen and 3g iPhones in both my IS250 and my wife's RX350 without any issues whatsoever, regardless of firmware version (haven't applied 2.0.1 to either of them yet).

The only thing I can think of is that both iPhones are jailbroken. I guess there's a (very) remote possibility that has something to do with it...

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep everyone informed - my Nokia 6233 works well (autodetects on entry and very clear reception) with my IS250 '07 but i cant upload my contacts to the car's memory. The dealer offered to upload the contacts but i'd prefer to keep them all on the phone anyway. Same with my wifes Nokia N95 - the phone works well but again cant upload the contacts into the car.

Word of warning/funny story though - recently i was standing outside the idling car (having returned after leaving it on with the wife and kids in the car - keeping them warm in a cold night) and made a call from the mobile phone when i returned to the family (while standing outside the vehicle) and couldn't work out why the person on the other end wouldn't answer even though the call was "connected". Standing with my wife outside the car we realised that the person we called was actually on the line repeatedly saying "hello" to which the kids in the car (aged 2 and 4) were replying "hello" – but I couldn't hear anything through the mobile handset!

Mental note to self - "when within bluetooth connection distance - sit in the car"

Boeky

I've used a Samsung (can't remember model number) and the Blackberry Pearl, and Blackberry Curve in the IS250. All worked however I tend to have to speak quite loudly into the microphone. I'm practically shouting, and I wondered whether you guys have to do the same with your phones?

Cheers