Alarm Interference

Hello all, it's been awhile since my last post. I came across an issue one day trying to lock my car in gladesville, i thought that my battery in the remote had gone flat and i was stranded there thinking this is not right. Some how it opened and off i went. Then one day in parramatta the same thing happened again whilst in a car park, i had to ring Lexus to ask if they knew of any issues related to mine only to find out there is an issue with some radio towers interfering with the remotes frequency, it won't allow you to lock or open your car so i had to manually unlock the car. I was told they are looking into this so i thought i would give you all a heads up if it happened to you. I had to pull the cover off my drivers door handle to get to the key hole in which doing this for the first time was nerve racking.

palms

Hello all, it's been awhile since my last post. I came across an issue one day trying to lock my car in gladesville, i thought that my battery in the remote had gone flat and i was stranded there thinking this is not right. Some how it opened and off i went. Then one day in parramatta the same thing happeded again whilst in a car park, i had to ring Lexus to ask if they knew of any issues related to mine only to find out there is an issue with some radio towers interfering with the remotes frequency, it won't allow you to lock or open your car so i had to manually unlock the car. I was told they are looking into this so i thought i would give you all a heads up if it happened to you. I had to pull the cover off my drivers door handle to get to the key hole in which doing this for the first time was nerve racking.

palms

Hi Palms,

That sounds quite serious. Let us know what the dealer has to say about that.

FYI I'm normally around the Chatswood/Artarmon/St Leonards area where there's heaps of radio towers and I've had no trouble.

ozis250.

Hi There,

I am in the Chatswood area, and I got this problem from Sunday (5 Nov), where the car doesn't recognise the keyfob at all n my car spot in the carpark, but it works fine in other spots, especially weird as it had worked perfectly fine for 6 months prior in the same spot.

It is driving me crazy, we even did a door knock around to see if any neighbors bought any new RF equipment (radios, wi-fi etc) (no unfortunately), which doesn't help to track it down.

I don't understand what could be causing such strong interference that when you place the key fob right next to the door handle, that the car still cannot always 'sense' it.

Also I dont think it is due to low battery on the key fob as both keys have the same problem. I have read in the manual that the car indicator screen will advise when the keyfob has a low battery.

I look with keen interest with you sharing a potential solution to this problem, and see how it develops.

If this continues I would think it is up to Lexus to come up with a solution, as ultimately it is one of their features used to sell the car and it isnt a feature if it doesn't work.

I wonder if it is just passing interference from the sunflares or not?

thanks in advance

Bob

Palms. So pushing the buttons on the remote didn't work either?

I have found that if I am waring my Polar sports watch and I have only paused the timer, when I start the car, the stopwatch starts again.

And I have found that when I have been out runnig and go near railway crossings/lines that sometimes my Polar stopwatch stops timing.

So, I am wondering, these must be all working off similar frequencies for this to happen. Are you guys parked near any railway signaling?

• 2 weeks later...
Palms. So pushing the buttons on the remote didn't work either?

I have found that if I am waring my Polar sports watch and I have only paused the timer, when I start the car, the stopwatch starts again.

And I have found that when I have been out runnig and go near railway crossings/lines that sometimes my Polar stopwatch stops timing.

So, I am wondering, these must be all working off similar frequencies for this to happen. Are you guys parked near any railway signaling?

That's correct, pushing the buttons on the remote didn't work at parramatta.

At gladesville i was in a car park and parramatta i was on a roof top car park, at gladesville i had to press the remote a lot of times waving it near the sensor on the dashboard to unlock it, my luck it started to rain and got really wet, not happy jan....The railway line was close by in parramtta in a sense but not next to it. Your sports watch issue is an eye opener. I must see what happens with my watch. I am finding lexus service lacking since buying this car compared to 5 years ago with my is200. Also noticed that the paint is so soft compared my is200, it's chipping very easily.

palms

Palms.

Yes. I have also noticed that this one seems to be affected more by stone chips then the IS200 I had. Lexus in Brisbane have been quite good with issues.

It will be interesting to see what the issue is with your key. If the RF is not working, it is useless as even using the manual key to get into the car, you won't be able to start it.

Have Lexus done any testing on your RF signal and strength as well as the battery capacity. I am not sure what size battery or how they are fitted in the key fob, but could there have been some sort of connection problem. Have Lexus looked into the key fob?

Palms.

It will be interesting to see what the issue is with your key. If the RF is not working, it is useless as even using the manual key to get into the car, you won't be able to start it.

Have Lexus done any testing on your RF signal and strength as well as the battery capacity. I am not sure what size battery or how they are fitted in the key fob, but could there have been some sort of connection problem. Have Lexus looked into the key fob?

I had no trouble starting the car after entering it with the key. Like i have stated the lexus service person told me there was an issue and were aware of it, maybe because of limited complaints nothing will be done on the spot which i feel is not on. When i get my new replacement car this month "well lets hope i do" i will see if the same issues happens in that area of concern. I will keep you all informed of the out come.

palms

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got an answer for this issue. When i was at the service centre yesterday i asked the guys if they had any news of my issue and said it was an issue with the earlier is250's but is fixed now with the current builds, so if you have this issue i was told they just need to upgrade the firmware in the remote and all is fixed.

palms

Finally got an answer for this issue. When i was at the service centre yesterday i asked the guys if they had any news of my issue and said it was an issue with the earlier is250's but is fixed now with the current builds, so if you have this issue i was told they just need to upgrade the firmware in the remote and all is fixed.

palms

Thanks for the update Palms. I've had this happen to me as well. Next time I service my car/get my car washed I'll get this done.

• 4 weeks later...

With reguards to the key problem. Lexus has found that the frequencyof the remote pads were similar to that of the scanners that are used in the shopping complexes... Also some telephone towers ..The fix for the IS250s requires a replacement chip and keyfob, that opperates on a different frequency...If you are having troubles you need to push the issue to get the upgrade..