Careful..paint On The Is250 Is Soft

Bluey,

have you clayed your car yet? If so, how often would you do it, and do you polish before applying the sealant?

Yes. How often you clay will depend on where and how the car is kept. If it's always outside even overnight then you will need to do it more often. I have done mine once so far but am about to do it again as I will polish it up for summer. My car is in a garage overnight but outside during the day. So I do it about every 4-6 months

My process for full external makeover is to wash, clay, polish, wax, wax. 2 thin coats of wax are easier and better than trying to do one thin coat. On a black car it looks brilliant.

Yes. How often you clay will depend on where and how the car is kept. If it's always outside even overnight then you will need to do it more often. I have done mine once so far but am about to do it again as I will polish it up for summer. My car is in a garage overnight but outside during the day. So I do it about every 4-6 months

My process for full external makeover is to wash, clay, polish, wax, wax. 2 thin coats of wax are easier and better than trying to do one thin coat. On a black car it looks brilliant.

Bluey,

seeing your a fan of Meg products, and seeing Meg produce about half a million different types of polish and wax products, any tip on which to buy?

Bluey,

seeing your a fan of Meg products, and seeing Meg produce about half a million different types of polish and wax products, any tip on which to buy?

Depends what you are trying to do, but a good start with Meguiars products, after washing and claying of course, is colorX followed with NXT tech wax.

This will eliminate small swirl marks and reduce larger ones, then the wax will give the depth of colour that makes a car look great.

Have to come back to this topic.

I think there are a few types of finishes with our 250 cars, pending colours and all but the silver i have (2006) has paint that are not only thin but also attract dirt that doesnt really wash off. Little spots of dirt that sticks especially on the rear bumper doesn't come off even with harsh washing. I am beginning to get worry about the quaility of the paint. I know Honda has deep pearl metallic paint that are really dirt resistence. Can someone comment?

Hey ldc, I also have the silver, but I don't have this problem. *Touches wood*

Everytime I wash my I always have to wax my car using Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0. I am quite picky with the overall appearance of the car.

I've been using Meguiars products on my cars and they always for a quite sometime now and they have never let me down.

The more time you wash and wax, the next wash is easier with dirt and other containments having a hard time sticking on etc.

I know i should wash my car more often but i'm struggling to even wash it more than once per month. Maybe i shouldn't have use the Wash & Wax from Turtlewax and start using Meq products??

I know i should wash my car more often but i'm struggling to even wash it more than once per month. Maybe i shouldn't have use the Wash & Wax from Turtlewax and start using Meq products??

ldc

You will definately get better results with a quality known brand product, that usually costs a little more, than with the everyday consumer stuff. Even if you're not passionate about the process and keeping the car at it's best, it will make the process a little eaasier and provide better long term protection for your ride. If you can also spend a little extra time with things like claying, polishing and waxing, even once a year, it makes the process of cleaning easier, as Jomster has already said.

I'm also a megs lover, but know there are plenty of other quality products out there, I've just had no reason to change. :P

What are u currently using for washing, waxing and claying?

It's all Meguiars

NXT tech wash, Megs clay kit, NXT tech wax and colorX or Mirror Glaze 80 when polishing needed. Just got some dodo juice clay to replace the megs stuff I'm running out of. Only because it comes in a larger bar. :P