Rs200 Vs Mazda 6

Hey all

I was wondering if anyone knew any spec data on the Mazda 6. I have a mate that has one and wants to race me, however I want to know what I am getting my self into before I commit to a race. I feel pretty sure I will be able to suck his doors off but thought I better do my homework first. :)

Have anyone ever raced one or know anything about them I would apreciate a heads up.

Thanks

Shannon

Thanks all

It is a 2.3 litre, that sounds pretty hopefull then I might have to give him a call and sort out a drag then, I figured as much that I would be able to wax him as it didn't feel that quick when I was in it and I agree that it isn't worth the asking price of 50 k,

so stay tuned....

Becareful! I raced one about a week ago in my RS200. It stayed ahead of me the whole time. It was an Auto one.

My take off was *BLEEP* as the Altezza standard clutch is shocking. And Mine is completly stocl. Dont know any details on the Mazda 6 other than the fact it was blue! :lol:

Thanks all

It is a 2.3 litre, that sounds pretty hopefull then I might have to give him a call and sort out a drag then, I figured as much that I would be able to wax him as it didn't feel that quick when I was in it and I agree that it isn't worth the asking price of 50 k,

so stay tuned....

If he has got an Auto and you got a manual, you should be fine...make sure you drag him after you got the filter mate!!! I send it down 2 days ago have you got it yet???

Matt :)

Youve got to hole shot him , at the Drags even if your`e up against a superior vehicle you still have a chance to win , you must beat him off the line , after all seeing that your`e not racing at the drags who`s going to know who left first there`s no red light disqualification on the street !, as there is at the Drags !!.

Ron

No problem holeshoting him he is a bit of a mutant at the wheel. It is going to be a planned drag with a starter so that should even up the cards a bit. Got another mate who wants to pit his rotary against me as well so will make a threesome I think:)

Matt I got the filter today thanks so that is all installed, (just finished) good excuse to take the car for a drive to see how it goes. I see what you guys mean about the crapy airbox system, real unipressive, I blocked off the holes into the baffle box so hopefully that will generate a bit more induction roar.

No problem holeshoting him he is a bit of a mutant at the wheel. It is going to be a planned drag with a starter so that should even up the cards a bit. Got another mate who wants to pit his rotary against me as well so will make a threesome I think:)

Unless your friend's rotary is untuned, I don't like your chances ;)

Um I am not holding my breath at beating the rotary thats for sure its a 12A J port with 48mm IDA in a Toyota DX, I know he will probably beat me but I want to know by how much, My old AE92 Levin I had was a pretty close match with him so he wants a comparo as well.