After a careful study of all the rattle problems of is250 on the web, I found nearly every is250's rattle problem began with the moonroof first, then extended to some other components of the car.

Could I make a conclusion that the rattle problem is caused by the design of the moonroof? Is there any owner of is250 prestige (which do not have moonroof if you dont put on EMV) without moonroof have experianced such problem?

Please come forward and let us know what is the model of your car if you have the issue, maybe we can figure out what is causing the problem and maybe we can have lexus to do something to help the future owners of the beloved is250.

Thanks a lot!

I got not enhancement package. The car is at 5200Kms.

When does the rattles come in, when the roof id openned or all times?

normally the problem tends to happen when the roof is opened for most of the driving time, that is what i learned from the other owners, so i am thinking if we dont have the moonroof installed, theoretically, the body should be more stiff as a "whole piece", could it be a solution to avoid the rattle happening?

I do have moonroof, just not the other goodies that comes with enhencement package.

I haven't gone for hours in the car with the roof open so i wouldnt know if there are any rattles. From the times i have i cannot recall any rattles.

Then either you are really lucky or the rattle is not that common on every 250. But i'd rather believe it is the second one, haha.

actually i really think Lexus shouldnt have this kind of issue, this is kinda severe problem if happened on a 60+ grand car.

but i do find the 250's door closing sound will become "fragile" after some time than when it is all new, maybe this is the Jap's car quality standard? :P

The door closing sound is nothing but the sound of quality. Not only the sound but also the way it "self closes/aid in closing", you only need to slightly push it and it shuts.

As i said so often, i only got the prestige model and not the luxury sports. The fact that the luxury model cost up to 20K more i feel that those who bought the luxury model (or even sports model) are those with much complaining becos they have fork out alot more money, and naturally would want it more perfect.

I should like my car more when i get new wheels....

The door closing sound is nothing but the sound of quality. Not only the sound but also the way it "self closes/aid in closing", you only need to slightly push it and it shuts.

As i said so often, i only got the prestige model and not the luxury sports. The fact that the luxury model cost up to 20K more i feel that those who bought the luxury model (or even sports model) are those with much complaining becos they have fork out alot more money, and naturally would want it more perfect.

I should like my car more when i get new wheels....

Really? What type of rims are you getting?? I bet they would be coooooool!!

My choice is the CSA Dominator in 18s (not available in 19s) but i heard it cannot be fitted due to offset. Otherwise, and pending cost, Lenso Konvex in 19s.

• 3 weeks later...
my car is prestige model with moonroof and is march 2007 production

no ENH pack installed

moonroof rattle was there from day one and now the front dash rattle is starting to happen

car done 4200km

Really?? *BLEEP*, the Japs just dont learnt, do they? The rattle issue happened in all countries they sold is250, but they just not doing anything! :angry:

There is a fix for the dash/air vent rattles but i can't seem to remove the actual vent casing.

Heads up, buddies, just learnt from a Taiwan is250 site, they put front and rear sway bar on the car, the rattle issue seems fixed.

Not sure if that is the solution for the issue, but worth a try.

There is a fix for the dash/air vent rattles but i can't seem to remove the actual vent casing.

Heads up, buddies, just learnt from a Taiwan is250 site, they put front and rear sway bar on the car, the rattle issue seems fixed.

Not sure if that is the solution for the issue, but worth a try.

Wil this be a retrospective fix though?

I have no rattles at present, and only 1500km on the odo, but will be keeping an ear out for any issues.

Bluey, keep an ear out for 'buzzy' sounds as I believe this is what people refer to when they say rattles.

Mine's a prestige with enh pack. First rattle was the door rattle (driver's side, and more like a ticking sound most obvious when driving on roads with tram tracks). I've sent it in to get it fixed - no dash or moonroof rattle yet. 1,700km. A bit disappointing, but at least the dealer's obliging and got it fixed, no questions asked. Other than that, I'm happy ...

Mine's a prestige with enh pack. First rattle was the door rattle (driver's side, and more like a ticking sound most obvious when driving on roads with tram tracks). I've sent it in to get it fixed - no dash or moonroof rattle yet. 1,700km. A bit disappointing, but at least the dealer's obliging and got it fixed, no questions asked. Other than that, I'm happy ...

That is good, but Lexus does have the "best after sales service" among all those car manufacturers.

But I still think Lexus Japan should really do something to face the rattle issue, ie. a global call back when they find the solution to the issue?

Mine is a 12/06 with about 8000k`s(no moonroof)and the passenger side door leather(i think) has started to "'creak'" when i turn left around a corner,otherwise lovely & quiet when i`m cruising straight along a road.Will be booking it in the dealers in the next couple of weeks.Will also ask them if they have heard about a software fix for the speedo.

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile since i was here last, i"ve had a rattle for a few months now but could not find it until one day i had the roof open i pulled down the bar that sits at the front of the opening of the moonroof to find my rattle. It sounds like its coming lose or the something is vibrating against the metal bar inside. My next visit to the dealer should have this fixed i hope. Over time looking for this rattle i came across one thing i didn't know. The seat belt on the pillar is adjustable to your height, thought i would share this with you all.

palms

Called in at the dealers a week ago and saw the after sales manager.As soon as I mentioned a creek on the left hand side he said he thought he knew what it was & dashed out.10 minutes later he was back & reckoned it was all fixed--something vibrating on the passenger side seat,now lovely & quiet.He also knew about the dashboard rattle,tho mine is ok.

• 3 weeks later...