Brake - Rx350 Brake Pads Recommendation

Hi,

Could anyone suggest any other brake pad apart form standard pad. I do find stock pads do not BITE (clamp) hard enough...

I am looking for something with more bite up front for my RX350 to increase or help it stops better.

I mean brand like Ferodo, Endless, Bendix etc etc.

Hope to hear any recommendations at all it there are any. :huh:

Cheers.

Doug.

Hi There,

I would also like to know other owners recommendations as I only got just under 15,000klms out of the OEM brake pads on my 2006 RX-350. I know that Bendix make an SUV set for the RX-350 ........ I have not tried them as yet so open to any other suggestions as well.

Thanks

I can't really help you as I've never ever had any complaints about the braking performance of my RX330.

About 10,000km ago my Lexus dealer machined all 4 discs and replaced all 4 pads, and the brakes have been awesome since. In fact, I think the brakes have more "bite" in my car than the low km RX350 courtesy cars I've had when my car is at service.

My service manager also tells me Lexus are bringing out a lower dust pad for the RX, because too many owners are complaining of excessive brake dust. I ain't going to use it - less brake dust = harder brake compound = less stopping power.

And if you're a heavy braker, get used to changing pads frequently - my dealer said one owner changed pads after 15,000km. Nothing much seems to go wrong with the RX, but because of the weight they carry, they chew through brakes and tyres quickly.......

:lol: Hey Loliso. Thx for the input man.

I just feel the brake is a bit soft.

I know the RX has quite a bit of weight to it, and I had a look at the front brake caliper, Man that thing is big. But though for such a big car it should at least throw in a dual pistons if not a quad pistons caliper. It will in my own opinion give more even bite.

I do agree with you that "Less dust" pads may not be a good option.

Maybe I will give those Bendix (seems the only ppl make it for RX on the planet) a try like Motor365 said. However, I do read somewhere on the net, that EBC may have pads suited for RX as well.

Will see.

Cheers

Doug. :P

You're welcome Dicky (not sure what the :P was for though :unsure: )

If you really want to go all out, buy yourself a Brembo big brake kit - I bought a Harrier magazine about 2 years ago from the Kinokuniya bookstore in Singapore (yes, it's in Japanese, no I can't read Japanese, but the pictures are nice :P :lol: ) and there are heaps of Harriers / RXs in there with 22 inch rims and Brembo brakes.

Lots of ricey stuff in that mag as well.....but hang on, we can't call it "rice" anymore, they're "VIP" cars ;)

Bendix pads might be an option, but I had a bad experience with a Bendix Ultimate pad / DBA slotted rotor combo on my Subaru Outback - the Ultimates seem to be very harsh on rotors, and I was always having to have them machined until I finally junked them for the OEM pads and rotors.....no problems since.

• 1 month later...

Heard of a few problems with people purchasing aftermarket pads for the RX models. They complain of more brake squeal, worse feeling peddal etc. The reason the orginal pads run out so quick is because the pads use are a soft compound pad and usually only last about 20,000kms. Lexus have recently brought out a new brake pad for the RX models which is a lot better, lasts longer and dosent leave as much brake dust on your rims. Ring your dealership and ask for the upgraded brake pad set for your vehice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

I am just curious to ask those people who have a Lexus RX350. How many kilometers did you get out of your brakes? I have reached 37,000kms and my car is grinding noisily to a halt, I have been using engine braking as much as possible. (Its going in tomorrow for the new system upgrade) Also could someone give me a rough estimate to how much they're going to hit me up for.

Cheers,

By the way it is the best car I have to say I have driven. Best First Car ever!

• 4 months later...
Hey all,

I am just curious to ask those people who have a Lexus RX350. How many kilometers did you get out of your brakes? I have reached 37,000kms and my car is grinding noisily to a halt, I have been using engine braking as much as possible. (Its going in tomorrow for the new system upgrade) Also could someone give me a rough estimate to how much they're going to hit me up for.

Cheers,

• 3 years later...

Hey all,

Cheers,

I know this is old topic but seems to be the only one here about brake rotors & pads. My RX-350, 2010 is at dealer now, with 45,152 kms on it and they called and said the front rotors & pads needed to be changed, with a chance of getting another 5,000 kms out of them; I said leave it & I will do some research.

Anyone got any comments on this? I'm not sure if the brake pads have been changed yet, I would think so, will check on the service record when I go back this afternoon, thanks all.

The rotors on mine lasted about 45,0000 - they were just about shot when I bought the vehicle, so I had them changed. I now have 89,000km up and they're still OK.

But you have so much country in WA you don't use your brakes much :D thanks for reply, I found out the discs have NOT been changed, so I guess that is a pretty good run out of them. I used to run taxis and conditioned to getting as much out of everything as I can I suppose :o

Bendix 4WD pads are highly recomended, Im using them now up front and what a difference to the originals.

Cant give a comparison yet in Km's to how long they last as its the first time being used, but they definitely out perform the standard pads by giving just that bit more bite on initial braking where originals start to really grab when the weight of the car is transfered forward.

Just remember... to get maximum braking efficiency make sure discs are always machined with every new set of pads.

Bendix have released a new series of 4WD pads with what they call "STEALTH advanced technology" which is basically a newer designed shape brake pad with titanium in the brake material.

Heres the link to info page on Bendix web site... http://www.bendix.com.au/content/4wd-0

• 3 weeks later...

The Bendix stealth range is very good. They're low dust, good bite & no noise due to the highly chamfered edges. Have been used with great success in Ford Territoy which suffer badly from squeaky brakes from factory by dealers in NZ.

• 3 months later...

Hey all,

Cheers,

I know this is old topic but seems to be the only one here about brake rotors & pads. My RX-350, 2010 is at dealer now, with 45,152 kms on it and they called and said the front rotors & pads needed to be changed, with a chance of getting another 5,000 kms out of them; I said leave it & I will do some research.

Anyone got any comments on this? I'm not sure if the brake pads have been changed yet, I would think so, will check on the service record when I go back this afternoon, thanks all.

Just a quick update on this, took it to another service center at the 50.000 Kms, they said they would check it out and do the necessary - turns out they replaced the REAR pads, skimmed the rotors, and told us to come back after another 10,000 Kms to check the front again - how it that for service? EXCELLENT, I think.