So i got a loaner '08 when the RX got serviced.

Some interesting differences, it seems that Australia has finally gotten the option to have the doors automatically lock on take off (this has been available to overseas buyers since day one) [On take off - ie above 10km/h as i am aware that there are other options to have the doors automatically lock].

There is more leg room in the rear seats however the difference is quite minimal. Rear seats have pockets.

Steering felt the same although it has been reported to be firmer.

That's about it really.

Come to think of it, i'm not sure if the 16" wheels are now of the liquid graphite type - they kinda looked dirty - but the rest of the car was clean so maybe even the 16" wheels get the new finish (my guess is that the new finish is to hide the dusty brake pads [pre-TSIB]).

And i think that's about it.

(Car only had 2000km on it, lost most of the 'new car' smell and had a near silent exhaust. There was also a COMPLETE lack of ANY rattles or creaking around panels.)

Hmm interesting to know about the rear being more roomier. The auto lock on take-off is nice.

Glad to hear about them fiing the rattlesness.

mmmm yeah although the rattles may just have not "kicked in" lol.

In seems that as you run in the car, you also run in the rattles... :(

Also i should clarify, the pockets on the rear seats are different to the previous IS250's. You'll find in the '06-'07's the rear pockets are basically hard plastic slabs that have a wide piece of elastic on each side pulling it towards the back of the seat. The new ones are actually "pockets". They're just an extra piece of material sewn on at each side and underneath to the back of the chair forming a "pocket".

Not too sure about that, i had a loaner and it had only 250Km on it and it had already got rattles.

Not that i think these are major setbacks.

I haven't really looked into the rear pockets...never have been a passenger in my car lol.

From what I was told when I bought mine - the minor (changes doors locking at 18kms and the change in pockets which is supposed to increase leg room)

These features are on all cars with a build date after Sept 2007

I actually sat in a Nov build date and an August build date and noted the differences in the pockets. The new ones are much nicer!!

(changes doors locking at 18kms and the change in pockets which is supposed to increase leg room)

These features are on all cars with a build date after Sept 2007

I drive an Oct 07 build and can confirm my doors do lock by themselves at around 20 kph and there are the "pockets" you describe. I still think there's bugger all leg room in the rear though.

No rattles in my car though.

i've driving a 02/08 and yep they lock :)

As for the pockets, it's now "curtain" type with elastic at the mouth right?