:huh:

Hi ALL,

What are your views on having a special paint protection applied to the cars?

I would like to know how long roughly it would offer protection against the elements if a vehicle was not garaged and what the cost is.

I read somewhere that the Lexus duco is 'softer' than most auto finishes what's your view?

As I live in Melbourne does anyone have any recommendations asa to who would apply such a system and whether it's possibly a DIY project?

regards,

Taffyx

:rolleyes:

Hi

Please check it out this link (http://www.ozicozi.com.au/index.htm) for car paint protection. I currently have a full clear bra kit install on my IS250 for nearly 2 years, and it was still shiny and strong.

I had a few big rocks on the freeway which hit rear view mirror where the 3m film applied on. it chip away 3m film but did not damage my paint surface at all.

From memory, its cost me roughlly around $650 for the whole kit. Good luck mate

Taffyx,

I have always had my new cars paint treated by Meguiars. I am using NXT GENERATION TECH WAX 2.0. I have used this on my BMW. SAAB and now on my IS250. It is excellent. Bird crap, tree sap etc just wipes off. I got the local Meguiars shop to put my treatment on but you can do it yourself.. There are many brands of this out there but this is the best one I have used. My three year old midnight blue SAAB still looks like it just came out of the showroom.

This is the advertising blurb but I believe it is true from my own experience...... "NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 gives a deep, vibrant colour and a dramatically clear wet-look. Hydrophobic Polymer Technologyâ„¢ provides water beading and protection against oxidation, corrosion, UV rays and surface degradation".

Taffyx,

I have always had my new cars paint treated by Meguiars. I am using NXT GENERATION TECH WAX 2.0. I have used this on my BMW. SAAB and now on my IS250. It is excellent. Bird crap, tree sap etc just wipes off. I got the local Meguiars shop to put my treatment on but you can do it yourself.. There are many brands of this out there but this is the best one I have used. My three year old midnight blue SAAB still looks like it just came out of the showroom.

This is the advertising blurb but I believe it is true from my own experience...... "NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 gives a deep, vibrant colour and a dramatically clear wet-look. Hydrophobic Polymer Technologyâ„¢ provides water beading and protection against oxidation, corrosion, UV rays and surface degradation".

Natroth,

By any chance you can advise on how much the Meguiars teatment would cost?

$200.00

They clay sanded the paint, on my new IS250, last week to get rid of industrial fallout, glue, and other airborne gunk that sticks to your paint and then applied several coats of polymer, over a couple of hours. You then use the matching Meguiars car wash to "top up" the polymer coating each wash.

Once or twice a year you can have a new coating applied for about $75. I have three cars, all using Meguiars polymer coating, and the most observable difference is that I have no swirl marks from washing the car and a mirror finish. On a navy blue car that is a very important difference.

Also, tree sap just wipes off, no marks !!! There are probably other polymer treatments out there but Meguiars is proven to me. I also use their leather conditioner for the car seats and have no crease marks or scratches after three years in the SAAB.

NO, I don't work for them, I just love my cars!

Thanks very much for the reply. I am sure that this would be something to seriously consider along with the 3M clear bra :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just applied clear bra on mine yesterday, you can't tell the difference on the bumper, headlights and the mirrors, but the lines of the cuttings are very visible on the bonnet. The workmanship was good, took 5 hours and when I took it, it started to rain.

I had it done for 550AU at NSW Brookvale, I took the picture of the visible area and not the rest for I didn't know anyone would be interested. There you go,

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2388/245183...9fb1f2c.jpg?v=0

Do you see a fine curvy line under the reflection of the red vertical pipelines, next to the white pipelines. That's the protector.

Thanks for that, it looks pretty good. Can you do the whole bonnet? I know on my old car the stones used to fly way higher than that and closer to the windscreen, or did they not recommend that? tell me how you go in after a week or so, I am not sure how the IS250 is but I am guessing due to the curves you are more likely to get chips up the front?

I didn't thought of asking since the brochure shows a picture on where they will stick these clear things on and on the bonnet it shows a quarter of the thing to be stuck on. Now you've asked, I'm wondering why too.

Hi,

Do you recommend anyone in Sydney that does the Meguiars polymer coating?

There is a Meguiars detailing centre at Seven Hills and Penrith. I have been using the Seven Hills location. Their attention to detail is excellent. They only use the latest hi tech Meguiars products.

The Hills Detailing Centre 9620 9110 - Sam