Hi Guys!

Just a quick question, finally got my 250 today, wow it's nice and quiet to drive compared to my old 200 :)) I also had the interior mats changed by the dealer to black. However I notice there are no clips to hold it in place, I can see the holes there. Do you guys have these clips? I noticed there are only holes on the drivers side now, where as on my 200 I had them on the drivers and passenger side.

Anyhow is it that someone took them off or is it that you never get them? Any assistance would be appreciated. Also has anyone found a good mat to cover the hump at the back? on the 200 I had a nice OEM mat for the center but it appears that there is none for the 250, I think this might get dirty with time. Any tips would be appreciated :)

Thanks again guys :)

From memory my driver side mat has clips but not passenger.. ill double check when i jump in it next. Did you get your mats changed when brand new or afterwards? Im sick of cleaning my beige ones! Im not sure about a cover for the back. Try searching for is250 on ebay.com (not .com.au) they have heaps of stuff the the is250 on there.

nick

Yeah there are no clips on the passenger side but the mat seems to fit quite well in the footspace so it doesn't move around.

I don't think there is a rear mat that comes with the hump mat, I had one on my IS200 as well.

Niick, How dirty to the light mats get? I would like the lighter interior in my new car but I am wondering how hard it is to keep it clean?

Yep - you should get black plastic clips/holders for drivers side only. I bought an ex.demo through a Lexus dealer, and I had one clip attached. One seems to do enough, and two might secure the mat too well, so it could be a pain if/when you need to remove them for a vacuum/clean etc. If you've bought new - it should be a given that the car mats come with those clips.

If you have new beige mats, grab a can of Scotchgard and give them a good spray before hand. Whilst the car interior has some sort of stain prevention on it, the mats seem to hold the dirt and stains more - by Scotchgarding, a simple rub with soapy warm water will remove just about any dirt/stain from the mats.

With my IS250 they gave me an option to scotchguard the whole interior.. which is what i did. The sides of the foot wells get a bit dirty with the light interior but scrubbing with a damp rag gets rid of most of it. For the floor mats i use a brush and carpet shampoo and then hose them down.. comes out alright. I got the best results using a britex carpet cleaning machine though.

In the short term they are pretty easy to clean but personally im looking for a set of the charcoal coloured floor mats for winter time.

Nick

You will not believe what i just found!

5pc set of lexus mats,

Can you guess what the 5th one is for?

The bit behind the console in the back!

All for $50 delivered to Melbourne!

Click below

Lexus Mats!!

They dont look to be genuine, but for $50 delivered they would be great to use when its going to be raining or as spares...

Nick

When i got my car, i used my old mats for the fronts which are the expensive types. Keeping my OEM ones till when i sell the car.

I have two clips on my drivers side and it is good. On my previous Liberty I only had 1 clip and the mat would always annoyingly move around.

It was aso beige and was very difficult to keep clean. The Black ones in the lexus are so much easier to keep clean.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I was told the pre delivery guys forgot to put mine in. So I am going to get a few by mail. I got a set of OEM Black ones and it looks great on with the Ivory interior. I found that the Ivory ones get too dirty when I was looking around at some used ones and a lot of people on the US forums were getting black mats as well hence my reason for getting the black ones.