Hi everyone,

My wonderful husband has given me the OK to go ahead and purchase my first Lexus (as long as I do it myself), and I'm happy to get the IS250X that's on offer at the moment. Being my first prestige/luxury car, I was just wondering if it is acceptable to haggle with price? I have a quote but there is no discount mentioned. My husband bought a new car in Feb that come in just under the luxury car tax threshold, and with multiple quotes, a discount was always put on the quote.

Your guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Its certainly acceptable to negotiate the price with the dealer. Even though there are only a few hundred of them in Australia, you can definately get some sort of price reduction on the car.

Plus, they would definately like to sell as much as they could at this time of the year, since the financial year is coming to an end very soon.

FYI, i managed to get a $5000 discount on my IS250. I got mine in mid 2006, and at time, there was a 3month wait.

BTW, where are you located??

Its certainly acceptable to negotiate the price with the dealer. Even though there are only a few hundred of them in Australia, you can definately get some sort of price reduction on the car.

Plus, they would definately like to sell as much as they could at this time of the year, since the financial year is coming to an end very soon.

FYI, i managed to get a $5000 discount on my IS250. I got mine in mid 2006, and at time, there was a 3month wait.

I'm in Queensland

Any discounts is better than none, all the best.

By the way what colour are you going with?

I'm getting the Arctic Blue. The dealers did negotiate - one to the point that indicates that the car market sales must be a bit tight in some areas. Will have car before June 30, so I'm very happy. Thanks to all that offered advice. Cheers. ;)

Initially I wanted the Ver red. They only have the silver and the black ones, 9 left last year when I ordered so without hestitation I got it only to realize i could have gotten a hybrid a month later with all the city driving, but really this car is well presentable.

I'm in Queensland

Hi there, i too am in queensland. I got a quote on an is250 prestsige, with upgraded wheels and the mark levinson sat nav / dvd / sunroof pack for $75,000. Upon visiting the dealership (as I am quite young) I wasnt offered a test drive or anything, i guess i "couldnt afford it".

Anyhow, I went to the next dealership (next down) and ended up snapping one up for $65,000 (exact same specs). It was a demo, but it had bugger all k's on it.

The car turned out to be a total lemon, but aside from that, i saved money hahaha.