Just a quick question because I can't be stuffed to read the manual ... just wondering where is the mic located in the car? Friends keep telling me to speak up. :rolleyes:

Hey akuma,

Not sure myself at the moment, you would have to assume in the pilar, but I will look into it and let you know. Have you tried changing the microphone gain level in the diagnostic mode??( Headlight procedure). That should do the trick!! I have actually turned my one down because I had complaints about echoing. Seemed to do the trick!!

Just a quick question because I can't be stuffed to read the manual ... just wondering where is the mic located in the car? Friends keep telling me to speak up. :rolleyes:

Hey akuma,

Not sure myself at the moment, you would have to assume in the pilar, but I will look into it and let you know. Have you tried changing the microphone gain level in the diagnostic mode??( Headlight procedure). That should do the trick!! I have actually turned my one down because I had complaints about echoing. Seemed to do the trick!!

Nope haven't tried the diagnostic mode at all, where abouts do i need to go once i'm in?

Will give it a go tonight and let you know how it goes :rolleyes:

Hey akuma,

Nope haven't tried the diagnostic mode at all, where abouts do i need to go once i'm in?

Will give it a go tonight and let you know how it goes :rolleyes:

Look, once your in, you can't miss it. The diag is split into two sections. 1 being sensor (observation) the other being intrusive. From memory, it comes under the bluetooth label!! Check it out, they are labeled really well!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, Ive also wondered where the mic is as well. I usually talk straight towards the steering wheel.

In the centre, up near the mirror and interior lights, I believe.

Yeah it's up near the interior lights.

Do you guys get good pickup with the mike? I have to speak pretty loudly in order for people to hear me. I've tried adjusting the secret console settings but it didn't improve things much, if at all. I was in a friends Range Rover and his mike picks up everything even if he speaks softly.