http://poweredby.whereis.com/shop/ItemDeta...&PageID=376

any one has this one installed... ? have a copy.. ? ... any new changes.. ?

i heard it is big .. dvd 5gig.. .. need to burn into. dl dvd copy

please share experience

Yep. V14 also needed double layer DVD. Still, way cheaper than buying through Lexus/Toyota if you could find the download. :P

How do you copy them?? When I was selling my IS300, I wanted to chuck the newer copy of the DVD from the IS250 in there, and I burnt it on a DL DVD. But the vehicle's satnav computer somehow recognised it as a not valid disc, even though I did an image burn...

Danslex,

You'll have to hunt around to find out what the best ripping program for that type of disc is, what type of media you need to burn to (brands and -R or +R) and you may actually need a particular type of burner with a particular type of firmware as well as a particular way of burning.

The companies spend a lot of money ensuring that the discs are copy-protected.

Google, Google, Google.

How do you copy them?? When I was selling my IS300, I wanted to chuck the newer copy of the DVD from the IS250 in there, and I burnt it on a DL DVD. But the vehicle's satnav computer somehow recognised it as a not valid disc, even though I did an image burn...

I got a copy from the net in .rar form, can't remember where. Unpacked the image, then used Nero7 to burn to a DVD-R DL.

Plugged it into the map reader DVD player, and Hey Presto, updated maps. :P :P

I got a copy from the net in .rar form, can't remember where. Unpacked the image, then used Nero7 to burn to a DVD-R DL.

V15?

I only managed to find V14 and burnt it, worked fine, and then discovered I already had that one once I worked out how to eject the disk.

V15?

I only managed to find V14 and burnt it, worked fine, and then discovered I already had that one once I worked out how to eject the disk.

Mine was V14 also, haven't found V15 yet.

Getting my first service next week, I will ask them about it then. I'm sure they will charge more than the $395.

Yes, FrankyX. Bingo! You are correct. I have asked the dealer the price of updating the map. It costs $396!

Yeah...would be nice if my street was on it, half the roundabouts in Perth that a now lights or vice versa, and getting told to keep turning when driving along the "Proposed Mitchell Freeway". Driving to Kalbarri at times I was about 4cm from the road bushbashing being told to continue on the current path - despite the road not even being there (it wasnt a new road either)...then im pretty sure it was trying to make me drive along a river bed.

Definately needs some bugs fixed.

Ah ok. Well, not that fussed about it now, the car's sold hehe. But might have to have a look at torrents etc. I got version 13 in my car, slightly old, but still useable.

Yeah...would be nice if my street was on it, half the roundabouts in Perth that a now lights or vice versa, and getting told to keep turning when driving along the "Proposed Mitchell Freeway". Driving to Kalbarri at times I was about 4cm from the road bushbashing being told to continue on the current path - despite the road not even being there (it wasnt a new road either)...then im pretty sure it was trying to make me drive along a river bed.

Definately needs some bugs fixed.

It could be your sat nav ECU playing up mate. I had mine replaced under warranty. But it sounds like the same sort of problem I had. Next time it happens, check what GPS coordinates your screen displays. You will also need a standalone GPS unit that you know works (I've got GPS on my phone, so I used that). I noticed that there was a slight difference between where the phone was saying I was (which was correct) and what the car's satnav was saying (it was out by a few degrees or minutes or whatever). Also pay attention at the little GPS sign on the corner of the screen, see if it disappears often (it shoudl be on all the time, unless you're in a tunnel). If you were to go into the secret menu, see how many sattelites the car can 'see'. Often, right in the open, clear weather, it could only see one or two, as opposed to the usual eight or whatnot. Wasn't like that all the time, but I noticed during long drives, the ECU would just go wacko, and lose its orientation. Get it checked, it might not necesserily be the map's fault :)

Oh, while my problem was due to a faulty ECU, I read somewhere on the US lexus forums, some v12 disks had faulty firmware on them, and replacing the map to a newer one will update the firmware and fix the problem. Don't know if you have v12 or not, but could also be it. Good luck sorting it out :)

It could be your sat nav ECU playing up mate.

I think it's simpler than that. The Sensis maps are rubbish in country areas, where the roads aren't actually driven by the data gatherers but scaled or digitised off aerial photos. Both my Lexus and Tomtom (which also uses Sensis mapping) will often show the car 100+ metres off the road in rural areas. But it's not just in the bush - they are appallingly slow at updating the Perth metropolitan area. Have a look at the intersection of William St and Riverside Drive - it's two years out of date, right in the heart of the city. They've even added the new railway station, but haven't updated the roads.

Quite pathetic, especially when they want to slug you four hundred bucks for an "update".

It could be your sat nav ECU playing up mate.

I think it's simpler than that. The Sensis maps are rubbish in country areas, where the roads aren't actually driven by the data gatherers but scaled or digitised off aerial photos. Both my Lexus and Tomtom (which also uses Sensis mapping) will often show the car 100+ metres off the road in rural areas. But it's not just in the bush - they are appallingly slow at updating the Perth metropolitan area. Have a look at the intersection of William St and Riverside Drive - it's two years out of date, right in the heart of the city. They've even added the new railway station, but haven't updated the roads.

Quite pathetic, especially when they want to slug you four hundred bucks for an "update".

Fair enough, no doubt there are plenty of mapping errors too, but they shouldn't last for the whole duration of the trip, only occasional off road hiccup. I've noticed they have some roads recorded as totally straight, whereas in fact they're not, and occasionally the car comes off the road. The problem with mine was definately the ECU though. One trip, I was coming back from Albany to Perth, via Nannup, so it's a 500 odd kay journey, through which most of the time the car was off road on the map, unless I stop it, and let it sit there for 5 minutes, it would then somehow find itself. Not that I bothered doing it. By the time I arrived in the metro area, the car was telling me I was 15 kays away from where I really was. And the roads I was driving on in metro area I am 100% sure were mapped correctly as I never had a problem on them before.

Probably best to check both the map and the ECU, just in case :)

Probably best to check both the map and the ECU, just in case :)

True enough. The other potential problem (which occurred with my RX350) is the cable between the antenna and the head unit. On mine that had come loose and was only making intermittent contact. It was giving me all sorts of strange locations until it was fixed under warranty.

Had the car serviced today for the first time; happy with how it all went. Anyway, I asked the guy regarding the upgrade for the maps DVD and he advised not to bother with the upgrade as there was minimal changes if any in Sydney and was not worth paying the $396. He said that the majority of changes would have been interstate or country areas, but nothing major in Sydney.

V14 has the M7, all the tunnels and new estates out North West way, so there's no point to upgrade!

• 2 months later...
Anyone have a burnt disc/or able to burn a disc (V14) or know where I could get one for less than what Lexus are asking?

Don't Google words like "torrent, denso, v1.5, download" together, and then proceed to download a disk image from the internet, and then burn yourself a copy on a double layer DVD. It's probably illegal.