Nav Dvd Stuck

I inserted a copy of v14 DVD+R DL (with label facing up and data side facing down) into the DVD driver of my 2003 RX330. The screen showed "Unable to read data....", so I tried to remove the DVD from the DVD driver by depressing eject button. Unfortunately, the DVD does not eject and is stuck inside the DVD driver. Please advice how to deal with.

Hmmm, not sure. It should come out regardless if disc is original or not. You can always seek help, but it's kind of an embarrasing thing to be seeing a dealer about :P

• 2 months later...

Hey Ricky - did you ever get it sorted?

Not wishing to sound condescending, but did you put the disk in the right drive? Not sure about the RX330, but on the RX350 the navigation DVD drive is under the floor of the boot - on the right hand side of the tool compartment. If you put the disk in the audio drive on the centre stack, that's not the right place!

Not wishing to sound condescending, but did you put the disk in the right drive? Not sure about the RX330, but on the RX350 the navigation DVD drive is under the floor of the boot - on the right hand side of the tool compartment. If you put the disk in the audio drive on the centre stack, that's not the right place!

Hi there,

Thanks for your inputs. I did put the disc to the right drive on the right corner underneath the floor of the boot.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Thanks for your inputs. I did put the disc to the right drive on the right corner underneath the floor of the boot.

Ricky, did you ever get this sorted out? Like others I don't want to sound condescending but you are aware that there is no button to push on the sat nav player, it is a slide that you move from left to right. To remove slide the eject button towards the front of the car, once loaded slide the button to the back of the car.

You may have tried this but in case you haven't have a go.

Cheers,

Thanks for your advice. I have already resolved the problems and am working fine with v15.

Regards,

Ricky

Hi there,

Ricky, did you ever get this sorted out? Like others I don't want to sound condescending but you are aware that there is no button to push on the sat nav player, it is a slide that you move from left to right. To remove slide the eject button towards the front of the car, once loaded slide the button to the back of the car.

You may have tried this but in case you haven't have a go.

Cheers,

• 10 months later...

Just read this post. I am now in same position.

So how did you get the DVD out of the drive?

My sat nav unit is a gen5 (TNS 700) mounted in the dash.

It does not have a mechanical Eject button button but it does have an eject icon on the 1st menu screen.

Trouble is, I cannot see the 1st menu screen!!!

thanks for any advice you can give.

It does not have a mechanical Eject button button but it does have an eject icon on the 1st menu screen.

My Sat Nav DVD unit is located under the floor of the luggage area and I have no idea about dashboard mounting Sat Nav DVD device. My dashboard only has 6-disc CD unit. Sorry that I am unable to offer any help to you.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ricky, I have just bought a similar RX330 2003 model and have found that there is a dvd stuck in the player as I tried to install a new version. Please advise how you fixed the problem as I have tried everything I know to no result

thanks

scimitar

Hi Ricky, I have just bought a similar RX330 2003 model and have found that there is a dvd stuck in the player as I tried to install a new version. Please advise how you fixed the problem as I have tried everything I know to no result

thanks

scimitar

Hi there,

Steps:

1. take out the floor board of the boot

2. take out the plastic trays underneath the floor

3. remove the whole DVD driver out from the boot

4. break the transparent plastic film covering the driver

5. use a screw driver to lift up the DVD holding mechanism

6. remove the DVD

7. assemble the DVD driver and the car accessories

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ricky

thanks

scimitar

Hi there,

Before you attempt to take the DVD driver out, please ensure the eject button does not work.

Regards,

Ricky

• 3 months later...

On the 2010 RX-350, with full size spare tyre, where is the GPS unit? I cannot find anything or anywhere that remotely looks like somewhere that it could be, in the boot, that is? Can anyone set me straight on this? Thanks, John