Sat Nav Version 15 - Whereis V15

Whereis Version 15 is available from the following torrent

Downloaded it and it worked fine. Took a little while but worth it

Fits on a 4.7g dvd+R

http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/320...yota-Lexus-Ford

Hi Primeate,

Thanks for the advice - I'll certainly have a go at downloading it. Have you tried it in the car yet? Any problems in the change over?

Cheers - Gripper

just finished DL the V15 via Torrent. Took about 24 hours and burned easily to DVD+R

works great in my RX350

I installed my new copy today - works well! Took me 26 hours to download and burn the .iso file to a DVD+R.

Thanks to primeate and elwood who provided the information.

Cheers

Gripper

I started downloading V15 recently but going so slooooooow, need more people to seed & share to speed things up!!!

It's available on the web as a multi-part RAR file which downloads a lot quicker than a torrent. Unfortunately I can't remember the URL, but you should be able to track it down with Google. The filename is 464210-1190.iso and the individual parts are T_v15.part01.rar to T_v15.part11.rar

Whereis Version 15 is available from the following torrent

Downloaded it and it worked fine. Took a little while but worth it

Fits on a 4.7g dvd+R

http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/320...yota-Lexus-Ford

Just downloaded this one here for my IS250. Works perfect. Took over 24 hours, sometimes it was going incredibly slow, sometimes none at all, but eventually patience paid off.

Hey Guys,

Just got a RX330-2005 and want to update the sat nav. Thanx primeate for the heads up on where to download the software, but my question is how do you actually upload the new software?

I appologies if this has already been answered, and i am rehashing an old question , but i couldnt find the answer.

Oh sorry. There is a DVD drive somewhere in the back of the RX. I don't have one so I'm not 100% sure exactly where, but if you pull away the carpet or whatever there is on the bottom you should see a box with an eject button on it or something. That contains the DVD. Put the burnt copy in there (ACC has to be on), and the car will go through an update process which takes about a minute.

The navigation disk drive is on the right hand side of the under-floor tool compartment in the boot. Pop off the plastic cover and slide the eject button to the side. The existing disk will pop out, and you can insert the new one.

You can't actually see the drive from the back of the car - I found it easier to use a small mirror to see exactly what I was doing.

Thanx Poisson,

Really appreciate the update on how to locate the disk drive.

Did you actually do it to your RX, and how did it work?

Were there any hiccups and what version did you download?

I updated to v15. No problems at all - just popped the old disk out and the new one in. It loaded in a couple of minutes and has worked perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...

Poisson,

I downloaded ALL 15 files from rapid share, however they are all the same file with the same file name so which one is correct? Also when i tried to burn one to disc (it was only 2.9G) the vehicle keeps coming up with no map data. Do i simply burn the ISO file or extract to individual files and burn them to disc?

Thanks for you help mate, much appreciated.

Cheers

G'day Fleetmanager,

The files I downloaded all took the form T_v15.part01.rar, T_v15.part02.rar and so on. You need a rar unzipping utility (do a search for WinRAR) which will unzip them and stitch them together into a single ISO file. It's the ISO file you burn to disk. I really don't know a lot about the rar process but it all seemed to work OK.

G'day Fleetmanager,

The files I downloaded all took the form T_v15.part01.rar, T_v15.part02.rar and so on. You need a rar unzipping utility (do a search for WinRAR) which will unzip them and stitch them together into a single ISO file. It's the ISO file you burn to disk. I really don't know a lot about the rar process but it all seemed to work OK.

OK after 3 days of pulling my hair out I am still getting no where.... I have downloaded all the files, unpacked into folder with the ISO file inside, burnt to DVD+R and stick in the sat nav reader...... and all i get is "cannot read disc, please check data"

Has Lexus by chance updated the software in my vehicle to stop me from using a burnt disc? I only got it serviced 3 weeks ago...

Please help!!!

Cheers,

I'll have to pull out my disk and check, but I think only the iso file is burned to the disk, not the other stuff. Sorry I can't be more help, but my installation went without a problem, so I didn't learn a lot. :blink:

I think I know where you went wrong fleetmanager. Instead of burning the disc image out of the ISO file, you burnt the actual ISO file on the disc, if that makes sense. What DVD burning software are you using? Nero? Haven't got it on my work computer atm to check, but from memory you choose something that says 'burn image' or somethign like that. Just copying the ISO file onto the DVD like you would normally with other files won't work.

Poisson, you'll find when you check the contents of the DVD, it will contain bunch of folders and various different files, not the ISO file on its own. The ISO file is a disc image file that contains all the files that are on the disc, sort of what the rar files are, except not compressed. You can even open it with winRAR, and you will see the contents of it. :)

I think I know where you went wrong fleetmanager. Instead of burning the disc image out of the ISO file, you burnt the actual ISO file on the disc, if that makes sense. What DVD burning software are you using? Nero? Haven't got it on my work computer atm to check, but from memory you choose something that says 'burn image' or somethign like that. Just copying the ISO file onto the DVD like you would normally with other files won't work.

Poisson, you'll find when you check the contents of the DVD, it will contain bunch of folders and various different files, not the ISO file on its own. The ISO file is a disc image file that contains all the files that are on the disc, sort of what the rar files are, except not compressed. You can even open it with winRAR, and you will see the contents of it. :)

OK thanks to everyone that help as I finally got it to worl. Danslex your correct, I did burn the image file to disc, but I also tried burning the folder and the contents of the folder, however this was through the windows burning tool NOT nero. It was only when i clicked on the ISO file that Nero booted up and started burning that it all worked. I have since loaded into the car and it works like a treat!

Thanks again to everyone!

Cheers,