Sat Nav Version 15 - Whereis V15

I have downloaded Whereis v 15 and burned a dvd. I have installed it in my RX350 and the screen message was it could not read it etc. Then I switched off the electrics and switched back on and the screen showed the satnav map etc. It lasted 5 seconds and then said it could not read the DVD. I burned three discs in case there was a corruption somewhere but it made no difference. Can anybody help? Oh and why am I doing this? I upgraded from version 12 to version 14 and Lexus service people charged $396 in February 2008. I thought that was extortionate. Today you can buy the latest Garmin/Tom Tom etc for $200 odd with the latest brilliant software i.e. speed warnings etc. If anybody can help with this Whereis v 15 download installation I would be grateful.

I have downloaded Whereis v 15 and burned a dvd. I have installed it in my RX350 and the screen message was it could not read it etc. Then I switched off the electrics and switched back on and the screen showed the satnav map etc. It lasted 5 seconds and then said it could not read the DVD. I burned three discs in case there was a corruption somewhere but it made no difference. Can anybody help? Oh and why am I doing this? I upgraded from version 12 to version 14 and Lexus service people charged $396 in February 2008. I thought that was extortionate. Today you can buy the latest Garmin/Tom Tom etc for $200 odd with the latest brilliant software i.e. speed warnings etc. If anybody can help with this Whereis v 15 download installation I would be grateful.

What you need to do is burn the disc image from the ISO file onto a dvd disc, NOT a copy of the ISO file onto disc if that makes sense. If you have NERO use the Burning ROM program under the ISO tab or any other similar type software.

But as said before there wouldnt be much difference between V14 & V15 other than some newly named suburban streets or such!

What you need to do is burn the disc image from the ISO file onto a dvd disc, NOT a copy of the ISO file onto disc if that makes sense. If you have NERO use the Burning ROM program under the ISO tab or any other similar type software.

But as said before there wouldnt be much difference between V14 & V15 other than some newly named suburban streets or such!

Thanks Fuzzielogic, but I think I did that. I used the default iMac DiscImageMounter.app. Do you think the Torrent downloader using Avangate as the source requires a Windows app DVD burner? Is that what NERO is? Yes I can understand that v 15 won't be much of an improvement but even if it corrects some names and directions it'll be worth the relatively modest expense. Of course if v 16 incorporates speed warnings like Tom Tom that'll be a huge step forward. I used Tom Tom on vacation in France last year and it was magic. When you entered a town speed limit it sounded a warning blast and showed your speed against the speed limit speed. Same thing on the autoroute. Truly brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Poisson for the URLs. I have just d/l the 11 parts from www.filestube.com guite successfully. It took about 5 hours as each had to be done separately with a 15 minute wait before doing the next part.

From the look of things you start the 'extraction' with the first part and I assume that you then go to the next either automatically or one at a time but I can't get past part one as it/they seem to be encrypted and WinZip needs a password.

If I put in a 'guessed' password, Part 1 seems to extract OK but when I get to the end I get the following error message

Extracting T_v15\464210-1190.iso Error: CRC mismatch in file "T_v15\464210-1190.iso" in the archive "D:\Downloads\WhereIsPrius\T_v15.part01.rar" - possible wrong password

Any clues on how to get over this please :(

Mike

Mike, It's a while since I did this, but I think the site provided the password somewhere on the download page.

Thanks for your reply.

By some chance I came upon a "Code" - my_map - and I used that and it worked. All 11 parts obviously opened sequentially and I had the 464210-1190.iso file which I burnt using Nero Burning ROM. Replaced the old v12 DVD in my car this arvo with the new v15 and it works perfectly. It will get a good work out mext month when I go to Melbourne and back via Narrandera and Twofold Bay.

It is a great shame that they cannot somehow integrate the SpeedAlert application as has been done with the el cheapo [$89] Navig8r G35 that I have just bought from Harvey Norman due to the two speeding fines [school zones] recently incurred by my wife.

FWIW I just use the latter in speedo display and voice mode to get warnings of speed zone etc. changes when city driving. Nags you to death if you have the thresholds set low but sure keeps you 'honest". :rolleyes:

Thanks again for this Lexus Forum even though I drive a Prius.

Cheers....Mike

• 1 month later...

thanks alot for the link guys, downloaded and worked perfectly, the only problem is now i cant use the nav while i am driving, but as for the sat nav works great when i am parked lol.

• 1 month later...

hello... been diverted here by the is300 subsection...

is there a direct torrent link for either v15 or v16[i'll do a search myself in the meantime]

and...most importantly, as the above poster stated, does it allow you to use it when driving ? lol

kind regards

hello... been diverted here by the is300 subsection...

is there a direct torrent link for either v15 or v16[i'll do a search myself in the meantime]

and...most importantly, as the above poster stated, does it allow you to use it when driving ? lol

kind regards

Here you go.

Whereis v16

No, you will not be able to use it while driving.

Na once you upgrade it you can no longer use it while driving, i have spoken to lots of people in the trade and the best i could get was a button to flick so you could enter the destination then flick it back, apparently V14 and newer read from the gear box or something like that, i did read somewhere tho that someone was trying to merge the files from V15 and V 13 so you would have the V15 maps, but load the data from V13, i am not sure if it is possible tho, after a while you get use to not being able to input the destination while driving but it is a major pain in the backside.. anyways good luck took me ages to dl V15.

thanks for the reply...

still unsure what the point of this satnav is IF i can't utilize while driving ??? :)

although.. until 2 weeks ago, i had never owned a navman/tomtom [tax reasons], so ... what would i know.

thanks for the reply...

still unsure what the point of this satnav is IF i can't utilize while driving ??? :)

although.. until 2 weeks ago, i had never owned a navman/tomtom [tax reasons], so ... what would i know.

From what Duff is suggesting (and from my own experience with V16), it's not that you can't obtain guidance from the sat nav while driving; for (good) safety reasons, you just can't perform certain types of searches - such as typing in a street name - unless the car is standing still. You can, however, request guidance to favourite destinations like your home.

yeah i think your allowed 5 fav destinations that you can have set up with a short cut key which you can access while driving, you just cant enter a new destination while driving, you still get your guidance, just means you need to pull over every time you need to enter a new place to go, i must admit i dont mind the actual nav system, just wish i could enter the address while driving, apparently the new model rx 350 uses a mouse to enter info, no more touch screen..

yeah i think your allowed 5 fav destinations that you can have set up with a short cut key which you can access while driving, you just cant enter a new destination while driving, you still get your guidance, just means you need to pull over every time you need to enter a new place to go, i must admit i dont mind the actual nav system, just wish i could enter the address while driving, apparently the new model rx 350 uses a mouse to enter info, no more touch screen..

This might help, if you're game!

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8169

• 4 weeks later...