Value Of My Isf

p.whitelock

First of all, hello!

Secondly, can anyone help with valuing my ISF as i am wanting to bring the car with me to Australia from the UK when i emigrate later this year.

Its a 2008 ISF with 28,000 miles on the clock.

I may have to sell it as i have found out how much the import duty is for this car. I think it would incur a 26% of its Australian value in import duty.

Thanks

Paul

First of all, hello!

Secondly, can anyone help with valuing my ISF as i am wanting to bring the car with me to Australia from the UK when i emigrate later this year.

Its a 2008 ISF with 28,000 miles on the clock.

I may have to sell it as i have found out how much the import duty is for this car. I think it would incur a 26% of its Australian value in import duty.

Thanks

Paul

Definately not worth bringing to Australia. As you have pointed out the import tarrif/duty will kill you but then you have the problem of a non-Australian compliance IS-F. You will have several problems the last of which will be terrible resale as its not a warrantable Lexus Australia imported IS-F. Better to sell it over there and buy a second hand one here.

Too much problems and mucking around for it and trust me - Lexus would support you with your problems if need be but these days you need to stick to terms and conditions, otherwise you have no leg to stand on. Maybe you would have problems with Lexus Australia, maybe not - compliance wise. Either way - check with Lexus directly to see their response on warranty matters on an imported car.

Import tax - double check with Australian Customs because I know there is such a way that if you're moving your own property/items you don't pay some fees, but it has something to do with relocation of goods as owned property or something like that. Not sure on it so please don't quote me on it but worth looking into it definitely. I know for a fact that a guy I used to work with has moved from London to Melbourne, bringing a Lotus Elise with him and paid a very little amount (talking about a few grand, no import tax % like 25-26 etc.). Unfortunately I lost his number so can't confirm what operation he has done. I remember speaking to him and he said he had to do some research on the procedure, it was time-consuming but possible.

Subject of resale value - you would need to show a very good value for sale on an imported IS-F. Otherwise you're starting from a bad foot already when trying to equal the sale price with cars made strictly for Australian market. Aussies are tough with that when it comes to market and only a die-hard fan looking for a specific vehicle would buy it then. Not worth the stress unless you find someone willing to buy it here 100%.

I wish you all the best in the procedure though and hope you work something good out.

check with Lexus directly to see their response on warranty matters on an imported car.

There is no warranty with Lexus Australia on a car that they did not import NEW from Japan.

Well it looks like im going to sell it back to the dealership i got it from then. £8500 loss since September, killer!