• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I average about 11L/100 but to be completely honest i am a little bit of a hoon :D . However with some 'spirited' mountain driving i can easily see 25L/100, although thats essentially with the car never dropping below 4000rpm for an hour or so(My friends 330ci touches 30L under the same conditions). When my mum orginally drove the car she averaged about 7.8 what i would call average everyday driving.

Trip from Sydney to Melbourne (arriving with a temperature of 46C) I managed 7.5 l/100km (I zeroed the computer at filling up immediately before leaving Sydney). Return trip measured from Gundagai to Sydney was 7.5 l/100km.

Prior to the Melbourne trip I normally averaged 11.0 l/100km incl. (with the wife driving). My current tank is 9.6 l/100km and the average since originally leaving for Melbourne in mid January is now 8.7 l/100km - and driving style may be regarded as "spirited but smooth driving" - and avaoiding the peak traffic as best as possible)...

7.5 seems quite high

I'd guess a slight improvement had we had 20C temperatures - the big difference is between the 250 and the 350 motors.

From what I've heard, e10 is the devil. Drive did a study and found 98 premium ends up costing essentially the same as 91 over 20,000kms because of increased efficiency. Then you need to consider the extra power and how much nicer it is for you engine.

I fill up my is250 with Shell V-Power and on average get about 8.5L/100 for basic daily driving. Can't complain considering my JZX was a lot worse haha, although I do miss the power :(

I won't touch E10 for the Lexus (and some of the other cars in the "fleet"). The alcohol is Hygroscopic (absorbs moisture) and tends to separate in storage - so even though there is supposed to be a max of 10% alcohol in the fuel there is no guarantee what %age is in the storgae tank at the garage. Additionally, the enrgy content is lower thus need to burn more fuel for equivalent 'performance' - hence higher fuel consumption with E10.

I tend to use primarily Caltex 95, sometimes 98 - but to be absolutely honest I cant say the consumption or performance is any better with 98.

• 4 weeks later...

Yo guys.

Previously had the old 16" prestige rims on my 2008 is250. Was averaging 8.7l/100km for city driving

Now Ive got 18" Sports luxury Rims on there and its skyrocketed to 11.5l/100km...

Probably not worth the looks for me at this stage.. spending $30 bucks more a week to fill up =/

I had prestige rims averaged 8.9

Got 19 inch rims. Average 7.9

Most ppls tires are wrong. Rim size is irrelevant. If you have the wrong tires puts your speedo out puts you kms out puts your average out.

True story.

Yo guys.

Previously had the old 16" prestige rims on my 2008 is250. Was averaging 8.7l/100km for city driving

Now Ive got 18" Sports luxury Rims on there and its skyrocketed to 11.5l/100km...

Probably not worth the looks for me at this stage.. spending $30 bucks more a week to fill up =/

You're not spending more - nor has your consumption increased. The circumference has changed and thus gives both speed & odo meter reading variances which has changed your calculation... From memory I think you can recalibrate the computer for this (consumption) but not km's.

Look at http://www.inawise.com/tyre-calculator/tyre-size-calculator.html, insert your relevant sizes and see the error (or the change in readings is probably the correct term)...

Okay if I am not spending more then why am I filling up at 500km per tank now rather than 650km previously?

Having a bigger wheel means my odo reading is now accurate, as my 16" were about 5kmph off.

Yo guys.

You're not spending more - nor has your consumption increased. The circumference has changed and thus gives both speed & odo meter reading variances which has changed your calculation... From memory I think you can recalibrate the computer for this (consumption) but not km's.

Look at http://www.inawise.com/tyre-calculator/tyre-size-calculator.html, insert your relevant sizes and see the error (or the change in readings is probably the correct term)...

Most ppls tires are wrong. Rim size is irrelevant. If you have the wrong tires puts your speedo out puts you kms out puts your average out.

True story.

Hey Lex1s, just a quick one, you said you put a CAI and your fuel consumption went up(at the beginning somewhere), what did you do to get it back down to 7.9?

True story.

Hey Lex1s, just a quick one, you said you put a CAI and your fuel consumption went up(at the beginning somewhere), what did you do to get it back down to 7.9?[

/quote]

Hey Phil.

Basically after i got over the sound of putting my foot down haha

Your car has so many mods Lex1s! i envy.... i think if my car sounds a bit more aggressive, i would be stepping on it more, but it doesnt go hard and it doenst stop real good. So i just cruise most of the time. averaging about 10L/100Kms...