Hey guys

I have recently installed my CAI and apart from giving it to the car a bit cos it sounds awesome lol.

ive noticed fuel consumtion is a little higher and was expecting fuel consumption to be better with the increased air flow.

I was wondering what mods you guys have and your average fuel consumptions.

I was about 8 to 9 L/100km now running about 9 to 10 or 11L/100k.

what are you doing / whats your average

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys

I have recently installed my CAI and apart from giving it to the car a bit cos it sounds awesome lol.

ive noticed fuel consumtion is a little higher and was expecting fuel consumption to be better with the increased air flow.

i think you'll find that your driving style has changed but you haven't noticed! it'll be a guess but i'm thinking your changing gears later or giving the car more so that you can hear the intake! lol :-)

i'm on about 11-12L but thats becuase i always redline every gear every chance i get. when my partnr drives it during the week its about 9L-10L!

Average at 8.4 and haven't reset since I bought the car 14 months ago. A bit of that is freeway driving (M2/M7).

But I use this to keep fuel consumption & costs down.

Hi, I averaged 8.9 for the first 100k in my first is250 and am averaging 9.0 in my new is250. Got 6.3 driving from Sydney to Bris and back. Lowest has been 5.7 on teh freeway!!

Hey guys

You can also view the real time graph in the display when your cruising along.

I have it on the real time graph thing when I'm cruising down a motorway and with cruise control on. It does get a bit distracting though

Hi All,

You all have generally pretty good consumption rates.

Freeway with some hilly bits, i got around 7.2. Although around town 10 - 12.

I actually thought that around town would have been a little bit better, considering I dont drive too aggressively.

nah free way should be around the 5-6L mark lol

funny

wasnt a joke..

i do get around that mark

I get that too on the freeway. ive got blury photo evidence lol. was so amazed. thats over 1000km to a tank. full freeway driving tho.

funny

wasnt a joke..

I get that too on the freeway. ive got blury photo evidence lol. was so amazed. thats over 1000km to a tank. full freeway driving tho.

You probably reset it while your on the freeway :) I do alot of city driving in Sydneys crappy traffic so my average is like 9-12 :(

I've only managed to see lower figures that during winter months where probably the air is more denser.

funny

wasnt a joke..

lol...... i actually get 5.2 freeway when i can contain myself but the risk of dying of boredom is not worth that saving so my freeway usage is more like 7L although thats not a lot either! :-)

funny

wasnt a joke..

lol...... i actually get 5.2 freeway when i can contain myself but the risk of dying of boredom is not worth that saving so my freeway usage is more like 7L although thats not a lot either! :-)

correct...it doesn't matter how you look at it, for the size and weight of the car it's really good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sports Lux (30,000km) average since new 8.8L per 100k

(Lease paperwork keeps every fuel docket and km's and gives an average life to date)

I get around 8.8 around town if I baby it, although most times 9.8 is the norm for me and my heavy foot. I don't live/work in the hills though. I got an 06 with about 90K on the odo now.

10.7l/100lkm after having my trip rest following dash removal in Jun'10 for rattle fix. Was running 10.4 prior to that but with a fair bit of fwy travel.

Tank average tends to be 11.4-11.7 with mostly short trips (15-20 mins to work and back).

I have an F Sport intake and Magnaflow rears installed and use the paddles a lot.

Not sure how people consistently achieve sub 10l/100km - the 250 is a thirsty little sucker when you 'explore' its potential.