Not sure how people consistently achieve sub 10l/100km - the 250 is a thirsty little sucker when you 'explore' its potential.

I came from a 6L VE so im not treating it with much respect...

Mine travels on the highway at around 6L to 6.5L per 100km then around town the worst damage I do is around 10.5L per 100kms...

As I said, my average for the car for life is 8.8L so far and getting better as the engine free's up more...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure how people consistently achieve sub 10l/100km - the 250 is a thirsty little sucker when you 'explore' its potential.

I came from a 6L VE so im not treating it with much respect...

Mine travels on the highway at around 6L to 6.5L per 100km then around town the worst damage I do is around 10.5L per 100kms...

As I said, my average for the car for life is 8.8L so far and getting better as the engine free's up more...

same here.....these other guys must be real lead foots!

what are you doing / whats your average

My Average is 7.0 L / 100km for my driving over the last 4 months :)

Slighty Off topic - My Lexus RX330 unfortunately is a monster at 13L / 100 km's as it does mostly short trips... Glug glug glug glug :(

what are you doing / whats your average

Slighty Off topic - My Lexus RX330 unfortunately is a monster at 13L / 100 km's as it does mostly short trips... Glug glug glug glug :(

somthing s def not right with that

or you just got a heavy foot

RX350 10.5 Average in city driving.

somthing s def not right with that

or you just got a heavy foot

RX350 10.5 Average in city driving.

Well I definitely don't have a heavy foot since my IS250 at 7.0 L / 100km is the lowest on this thread .. I better mention my RX high fuel consumption during the next service! Thanks for letting me know..

• 1 month later...

Somethings not right there Lift-yo'. Unless you are crawling all the way, stop-start and never getting past 20-30km/h. I'm doing about 30km distance a day, mainly at 40-50 km/h, a little bit of stop/start, one good 2-3km stretch of driving at 70km/h and getting between 9.8 and 10.2 L/100km - week in week out.

I'm not revving the bejeezuz out of the car, but I drive in sport mode and push the car a little at times and (like most other drivers) getting 7 on the open road and 10 around town. I'm assuming you're running it on 95RON as a minimum and has been tuned by your Lexus dealer. That sounds far too rich, and nudging the economy figures seen in the IS-F!

I've found out that Lexus (well, basically all manufacturers) misquote their fuel use figures by several percent.

Since they generally calibrate the speedometer to read slightly higher than actual speed (so you don't get pinged by a camera for doing 2-3km over) this affects the onboard L/100km calculations.

I recently changed my wheels and tyres to what several GPS units have shown me to now have dead accurate speedo readings... ie. when it says 100km/h I'm actually doing 100, not 95.

My average fuel numbers have increased since I'm not travelling the extra 5% worth of kilometres per litre :(

For example, Lexus quote 9.1L/100km as average for the IS250... using tyres which achieve correct speedo readings changes this figure to ~9.6L/100km.

Not happy to see my numbers up, as slight as it might be.

I travel mainly on 60km - 80km roads with traffic lights so have to stop now and again. I am averaging around the 9.6-9.8 L/100 mark. I use the standard 95 ron (blue handled pump)from Shell and I am a pretty tame driver.

15L/100km after a pretty good/spirited night of driving

but my AVG (not tank avg) is 11.X l/100km (kinda high i know, lol)

<br />Out of curiosity what do you IS 350 Owners get? :&gt;<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'd be disappointed if an IS350 got really low L/km .. the reason why you get an IS 350 is to rev it high to get the power!  Same applies for owners of IS-F's talking about low fuel consumption :)

• 1 year later...

i hope this is not a repeated question... does increasing rim size affect the fuel consumption and braking performance?esp with 19inch tempe tyre rims?... i find my car so much more sluggish..and thirsty.

yeh generally increasing rim size will make your fuel consumption go up. more tyre on the road makes it stick to the road more. heavier wheel+tyre combination is usually the result of going to a bigger sized wheel so you are carrying a bit more weight.

my average is 8.8L/100km city driving but it's all constant speed as i go to work at weird times and there isn't much traffic around. best i've had is mid 7's but that was pretty much all freeway driving.

Kaditcha here

My ISF is amost 2 years old and has never got better than 14l/100km in everyday city driving.

May be a little better with new headers.

Have you ever seen what the original headers looked like? (? off a Ferguson tractor)

How could they do that to the car.

Have to confess 30l?100 km at the track, perhaps that is as high as the computer reads!

Have also added another tweak or 2.

Great to hear from everyone

Cheers Kpost-4873-0-56134300-1358644097_thumb.jppost-4873-0-95649300-1358644110_thumb.jp

After owning my car for 3 years... today was the first time I put in E10 from Shell. I drove in the city and on the highway..... my fuel consumption averaged 8L/100km! I drove how I normally drove. Is that normal? I normally put 95 Unleaded..... I thought E10 burns quicker and not as good as 95 or 98.