Help! My Car Got Wet Inside As I Unlocked All The Way Accidentantl

My car was parked at home and yesterday was raining here and you know when you hold unlock button, it will unlock all the windows and moonroof? Well it happened to me and I guess it's because I sit down with my pocket and the key somehow pressed it for a while when I didn't notice at all But anyways, the next day I wake up, I see all the windows and moonroof all opened and I can see things got wet inside including the speakers, the air con vent (at the back, steering wheel etc.

When I tried to unlock it, lock it (using the remote) it had no response at all but you can see the red light on the romote is blinking so I am sure the battery is not flat but it just doesn't respond at all. I used both original and spare remote. The NRMA had came just a while ago to check what was happening and he wasn't really sure about it. He tried to discounnect and reconnected the battery, tried to fiddle with my remote and even ignite the engine (but no response) etc but doesn't work. I think somehow everything got soaked inside and computer shut down, no?

Any guys of you had this experience before? If so, what is the solution? Wait till everything is dry inside and then the remote will work back to normal? Or have to take the whole car to the service to fix it? etc

Your answer will be very much appreciated

Thanks

Now I know this won't help you but you're not the first person to have this happen.

That is why all new IS250 have had the default settings changed from factory. The feature that got you into this is now disabled by default but can be enabled by the dealer.

Now I know this won't help you but you're not the first person to have this happen.

That is why all new IS250 have had the default settings changed from factory. The feature that got you into this is now disabled by default but can be enabled by the dealer.

If I am not the first person to have this happen, what was their solution to get it fixed? I am just worried that everything inside are somehow damaged like driving, speakers, air con etc since alot of things got soaked. These few days are public holiday so I have to wait for a couple of days which can kinda fustrate me.

Sorry but I am sure what you mean for the 2nd paragrach. You mean, I can go to my dealership and disable that automatic unlock feature???

The weather is already getting cleared but still not working =(

I guess have to wait until 1 or 2 days later until it completely gets dry and it will work back to normal, no? I hope no more rain because it is already bad enough since its public holiday these couple of days and Lexus service dealership or even sales dealership does not open till Tue.

Sorry to hear that it happened. Beside the electrics, was anything else damaged?

Hope when it drys, things will be back to operational.

Sorry to hear that it happened. Beside the electrics, was anything else damaged?

Hope when it drys, things will be back to operational.

To be honest, I don;t know if anything is damaged at all until I start the car (whether it is has been fixed or back to normal after drying) and when it does goes back to normal, I hope they are working in order like the speakers, air con, cool\heated front seat etc since the water has been soaked in so I hope they are back in working order. Its basically water damaged, nothing damaged inside in terms of dent or scratches since this is not some kind of hail storm.

In the meantime, Aim would be to get as much water out as possible if you already haven't done so. Put a drier in there to evaporate as much water out as possible. Even hair drier around switches buttons etc?

A sponge or Chamois may also help.

Check all fuse links - something may have short circuit. Ones in the car and relays in the engine bay as well.

Check the battery has 12V?

Insurance like some have said may be your only option as water damage.

Hopefully it can be fixed :)

Thanks for your suggestion

I actually just tried again and the remote worked ....well it kinda worked (thank god it didn't rain today or otherwise it will probably delay till tomorrow again). At least the remote had responded so I quickly locked all of the windows first to avoid all the water flowing through again

But there's a few defects already which I kind of expected. The driver's side has 4 controls for all windows right? Apart from my window, basically, the other 3 cannot be opened or closed unless I go to each door and close the window manually. And you know how you just flick once, and it will automatically go all t he way up?? Well for these 3, you actually have to lift the button all the way up until it clsoes

The reverse camera is kinda stuffed up. You can see the reverse camera with no problem but the angle for red, yellow, green lines have faults and when you turn the steering wheel, it doesn't follow the lines at all. Also, I tried to unlock\lock by holding the remote for a while and theortically, it should lock or unlock all windows but it does not work at all.

The cool\heated front seats works no problem but I haven't tested other things yet as they may still have problems such as the air con? I only went out and drove for a few min just to check whether its no prob but so far so good. I guess there are some areas of the computer thing might affect the whole thing no?

When you said:

"Aim would be to get as much water out as possible if you already haven't done so. Put a drier in there to evaporate as much water out as possible."

You mean whereabouts? Basically the seats I can feel its wet inside so I dunno if it will affect it as it is hard to dry out.

I just tried to use the

In the meantime, Aim would be to get as much water out as possible if you already haven't done so. Put a drier in there to evaporate as much water out as possible. Even hair drier around switches buttons etc?

A sponge or Chamois may also help.

Check all fuse links - something may have short circuit. Ones in the car and relays in the engine bay as well.

Check the battery has 12V?

Insurance like some have said may be your only option as water damage.

Hopefully it can be fixed :)

Well basically where ever there is water - draw the water out somehow coz it's not meant to be there :P

I would be trying to get as much water/moisture away for anything electrical - which is basically the whole interior - Use a blower or drier to evaporate the areas you can't reach.

With your windows, you need to initiate them again by winding them down and straight up again at each door (this is covered in the manual)

It's probably best to disconnect your battery and leave it off until you whole interior is all dry first. You don't want to short circuit anything in the process :)

It's probably best to disconnect your battery and leave it off until you whole interior is all dry first. You don't want to short circuit anything in the process :)

I second that.

Its not very hot these days though, might take couple of days to dry :S

Good luck