Buying An Isf

GTRN1

Hi all.

I am considering a new Lexus ISF for my wife who has a leadfoot. What sort of dollars OTR and any regrets from members. Other cars being considered S/H M3 and S/H GTR. her typical trip is 40KM from outer east Melb. She currently runs a VW R32

For an E46 M3, i would also be thinking of an E90 335i. Performance on these two cars are pretty even.

The ISF would beat both.

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

I am considering a new Lexus ISF for my wife who has a leadfoot. What sort of dollars OTR and any regrets from members. Other cars being considered S/H M3 and S/H GTR. her typical trip is 40KM from outer east Melb. She currently runs a VW R32

Hi I bought a 2009 Demo ISF $126,000 in March 2010. New are $139,000 plus on roads. Love it, economical, lots of grunt. Put the foot down and pipes open right up and purr. Husband has already had one speeding ticket. Only a 4 seater, only 2 seats in back, suit small adults only in back. Insurance is high as is a high performance vechicle. Had great service from Lexus Blackburn with this Lexus and the one I had for one year previously. They pick up my car from home or work and lend me another Newish lexus to use until my car is returned. Lots of safety features plus fantastic comfy seats.

Hi all.

You'll get a S/H 08 under $100k. S/H M3 still too high when compared to ISF. I considered that and a S/H C63 & C55 but the C63 was way too high $$$ and the C55 way too old. Also buying a S/H ISF you still get whats remaining on the 4 year factory warranty, because for the same money you start getting into older M3 and mercs which have run out of warranty (and they're slower too)

No regrets on my purchase of an ISF. Still love driving it. As per previous post, the only thing is its a 4 seater and only for smaller adults in back seat. Also suspension is very stiff (which i actually like....I normally go and pay to stiffen up the suspension on cars) but some people dont like it for everyday driving. But the handling and Performance is great. They could have made it a bit more torquer down low because you think its revving well but when it hits 4,500 rpm it really does go, the tacho just swings to 7,000rpm in no time at all, so its a pity it didn't do it from 2,000rpm. I think they detuned it in this rev range for fuel economy. Its a bit quicker than my FPV FG F6 I had, but it is smaller and lighter, but does use more fuel. Love the paddle shift and the blips on the downshifts. 90% of the time I drive it manually with "sport" mode on. 8 speed gearbox is good, but perhaps 1 or 2 to many gears. Although in auto mode , you dont really notice the changes, but it can take a few moments for it to get into a low gear when you boot it and its sitting in 8th gear cruising at around 1,200 RPM at 60km/h. Dash and usual techno stuff is excellent. Could of had a few more options on the digital dash display eg digital speedo readout but im only being pedantic. Touch screen is fantastic and i dont think its any worse than the joystick type setups (ala BMW). Exhaust note sounds great but they could have given it a bit more deeper noise down low (sounds great at 4,500rpm plus though....the whole note just changes to a deep loud note). The other thing is you dont see many on the road unlike M3's and C63's so exclusiveness is good (in WA anyway)

Also the $2 lcd clock....what were they thinking.

Other than that, lovin it.

ill post pics up soon when i get time.