Hi there,

I bought a '05 RX330 for my wife last year and we love the car. My only gripe is the reflective dashboard. At certain times of day/angles I find it eally distracting. I've scoured the web for dash mats but had no luck. Has anyone got one or know where to find one?

Cheers

Hi there,

I bought a '05 RX330 for my wife last year and we love the car. My only gripe is the reflective dashboard. At certain times of day/angles I find it eally distracting. I've scoured the web for dash mats but had no luck. Has anyone got one or know where to find one?

Cheers

Never seen a dashmat for an RX. The dash isn't normally shiny. Try this:

1. Strip off whatever protectant has been used on the dash with Isopropyl Alcohol (try it on a small obscure portion first to make sure it doesn't damage the plastic);

2. Throw away anything with the name Armor All on it;

3. Purchase some Einszett Cockpit Premium or 303 Aerospace Protectant;

4. Spray on a microfibre cloth and wipe down the dash to a nice Matt finish

• Like 1

Hi there,

Cheers

Never seen a dashmat for an RX. The dash isn't normally shiny. Try this:

1. Strip off whatever protectant has been used on the dash with Isopropyl Alcohol (try it on a small obscure portion first to make sure it doesn't damage the plastic);

2. Throw away anything with the name Armor All on it;

3. Purchase some Einszett Cockpit Premium or 303 Aerospace Protectant;

4. Spray on a microfibre cloth and wipe down the dash to a nice Matt finish

I've been thinking about getting a dash mat for mine too but Lexus doesn't have it in their catalogue. I read on one forum that people only use 303 for exterior and Einszett Cockpit Premium on the interior coz apparently 303 smells baddd!. Can you get these stuff at major autoparts?

I'm currently using Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer which doesn't leave a greasy finish like Armour All do. Doesn't seem to do much other than adding a low shine and deodorize the surface with a light citrus scene. I'm using Armor All on exterior plastics/rubbers. Any recommendation?

My RX350 has a very shiny dash - really bad when driving into the sun. I got a dash-mat from the States after a lot of searching, but unfortunately I've lost the details of the supplier. :( It cost about a hundred, delivered.

The thing that worries me a little is that it covers the passenger side airbag - it's very light weight so I think the airbag would probably kick it out of the way. Alternatively the passenger might get a face full of carpet, which is still better than the alternative.

My RX350 has a very shiny dash - really bad when driving into the sun.

I have had every generation of RX (RX330 and 2 x RX350) and the only time I have ever seen a shiny dash is after someone has used Armor All, Vinylex or some other "shiny" interior spray on it in an attempt to "protect" the dash so I find this quite strange.

I have had every generation of RX (RX330 and 2 x RX350) and the only time I have ever seen a shiny dash is after someone has used Armor All, Vinylex or some other "shiny" interior spray on it in an attempt to "protect" the dash so I find this quite strange.

That's odd!. Mine certainly does not shine.

Ok thanks guys. I have only put 303 aerospace protectant on the dash (Armorall is banned in our family!) but I'll try stripping it back and see how it goes. I can find them in the states but not for RHD.

That's odd!. Mine certainly does not shine.

Maybe the former owner was an Armourall fan. I can assure it is very shiny and most annoying - that's why I got the dash mat.

• 7 months later...

I'm currently using Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer which doesn't leave a greasy finish like Armour All do. Doesn't seem to do much other than adding a low shine and deodorize the surface with a light citrus scene. I'm using Armor All on exterior plastics/rubbers. Any recommendation?

Same here, using Mequiars Quik Interior Detailer here too - no glare when driving. When I first bought my RX350 from the car yard, they used a bucket load of Armor All on the dash so I spent half the day trying to remove it.

Not a fan of dash mats personally, my understanding is that they trap heat. I had a 30 year old Datsun which we applied the old Kittens Interior detailer spray religiously and always used a sunshade in extreme heat - I swear everyone thought I had the dash reconditioned - it stayed mint until we sold it.

hi howie

how did you remove the armorall from your dash?

also..to anyone buying a dash mat, remember to ensure that it has a cutout for the climate control/lights sensor which is towards the passenger end of the dash at the edge of the windscreen. A friend of mine recently bought a dashmat for his 07 Range Rover and I could clearly see that the sensor was hidden under the mat!

:)

Soaked up the excess Armor all with a microfibre cloth, then I used some Zaino Z9 cleaner (it says it's for cleaning leather but i found it works well on dashes too). Then when it was less glossy I just used a damp chamois to wipe it over to get rid of anything that's left, and when that was done I hit it with Meguires interior detailer.

• 10 months later...

Hi there,

Cheers

Hi there,

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

To repeat what I just wrote in the General forum, I've just found that Lexus of Canberra are the distributor of aftermarket dashmats and they've quoted one for my 2010 RX350 for about $50. I'm not sure if they ship interstate but you can always give them a call.