It's that time of the year again, and I've been seeing ads on TV. I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my 06 model to a brand new one.

The ads are saying factory has slashed the prices. I'm just curious, how much of a discount can you expect to get from these sales normally??

I am planning to call them soon to find out. Knowing life, they probably won't give me the best possible price on the first go. I guess I just want to get a realistic expectation of how much they'd be able to reduce the prices by.

I've never bought a brand new car before, let alone at one of those end of year sales. I'm curious to hear from anyone on here who has.

Planning to get a prestige auto with the EMV and sunroof (website says $71,371 rrp drive away); or if I can stretch the budget, F sport with sunroof.

Cheers!

Dan

Well theoretically you should be able to get the same deal in May or July.

Cars don't magically get cheaper in June...........but they do get marketed harder.

Free on roads on new IS250 til the end of May is the current saving.

is250.jpg

The June end of financial year push is less specific, the end result financially shouldn't be too different.

juneretail_promo.jpg

Yeah, just gave them a call, free on roads indeed. Here in WA, Prestige with EMV and sunroof 66,650 drive away. Without sunroof it's 62,150 drive away. So look slike a 5K saving.

Hmmm... sounds alright I think.

I would push for anything possible. I know the answer is usually "sorry we can't do it" but yeh any accessories at all would be added bonues. Even a discounted price offer would be good.

Yeah, just gave them a call, free on roads indeed. Here in WA, Prestige with EMV and sunroof 66,650 drive away. Without sunroof it's 62,150 drive away. So look slike a 5K saving.

Tell them you want $62,150 with the roof. $5k ain't enough.

And sell privately don't trade.

Tell them you want $62,150 with the roof. $5k ain't enough.

And sell privately don't trade.

Well, it's not really just the sunroof, it comes as a package with cooled seats and other stuff. But i knwo what you mean. Will try to get it for a bit less still, see how I go.

I guess its a bit harder to do this in Perth (with only one dealer - correct me if Im wrong), but when I purchased my vehicle from Melb City Lexus, I was a little demanding, and just was prepared to 'walk away' if the deal didn't work out. I'd mentioned to them earlier in my negotiations that Id looked at other dealerships in Melbourne (ie. Brighton and Blackburn) so they eventually 'came to the party'. But I've always found that helps - dropping subtle hints about speaking with other dealers (or if you want to really raise their eyebrows - make some stuff up about what Audi or BMW are prepared to do for you!!)

If you're going 'entry-level' Prestige without the EMV, reverse sensors are a good 'option' to be asked to be thrown in, as well as darker windows. They'll generally agree with that.

Does Lexus have stocktake sales? We wish ay, i was over the counter today at Para Parts, asked for front oem lip and got smashed in the face with $850 ROFL.

I'm sure with half the price you can go get a custom one made up to look exactly like oem, and make it a little more substantial as the oem lip is really small...

Hey guys new to the forum, I just went to buy a new 2010 IS250 F sport auto...

List price was $77488 and was offered $74500 drive away with the EOFS specials...

I didnt think it was very special...

Hey guys new to the forum, I just went to buy a new 2010 IS250 F sport auto...

List price was $77488 and was offered $74500 drive away with the EOFS specials...

I didnt think it was very special...

Just as a reference, I was offered a 09 plate IS250 F-Sport Auto for $68k back in Feb, so I don't think the current deals are anything to get excited about.

2006... has been garaged 10 months of the year...

Over seas owners... Has had its yearly service done by lexus at kedron tho...

Its brand new in and out...

Hey Guys

Out of interest i am looking to sell my 06 IS250 (its on carsales - $34k, 42,000kms) and had a deal locked in with Lexus of Adelaide for 2010 plated (Jan) white auto 250, EMV pack and moonroof, $59k driveaway. 20km's on the clock. Deal was i had to sell my car before 31 May, so only had 9 days, which didnt happen. Haven't called Lexus back to see if the deal can still be done in June. They said no a week ago but i suspect that i can get the same deal.

Check out carsales!!!

Hey Guys

Out of interest i am looking to sell my 06 IS250 (its on carsales - $34k, 42,000kms) and had a deal locked in with Lexus of Adelaide for 2010 plated (Jan) white auto 250, EMV pack and moonroof, $59k driveaway. 20km's on the clock. Deal was i had to sell my car before 31 May, so only had 9 days, which didnt happen. Haven't called Lexus back to see if the deal can still be done in June. They said no a week ago but i suspect that i can get the same deal.

Check out carsales!!!

Try pushing them further.

Melbourne driveaway prices for 2010 prestige quoted in March.

EMV + MR 58

Sport F + MR 69

Did anybody get better quotes?

Anyone knows what sort of deal I can expect to get on an IS250C Sports Luxury?

Back in December's "Final Event" sale I popped along to Melbourne City Lexus out of curiosity, and was informed that because there's such a backlog for the convertible they aren't doing much discounting on it, if any. Apparently there's a 6 month long waitlist. Is this still true?

The days of price negotiations are long gone. So are the days of freebies..not even a Lexus pen can be given.

The days of price negotiations are long gone. So are the days of freebies..not even a Lexus pen can be given.

Both last posts are BS.

If you have some persistence and desire to save you will get better than average prices.

Whether in March or September.

It helps to have a general national Marketing campaign running, such as Lexus March sale or FY end sale.

Just to through my experience in...

I found them to be price fixing, I called 3 lexus dealers and was given the exact same discounted price...

$72k drive away on the F-sport (auto)... I ended up choosing a sports lux in the end with only 18k on the clock...

But yeah I pushed the envelope and got no where with them taking any more money off...

I might add this price was their first and only offer, they would not budge an inch... So i walked...

If thats not price fixing then i dont know what is...

Just to through my experience in...

I found them to be price fixing, I called 3 lexus dealers and was given the exact same discounted price...

$72k drive away on the F-sport (auto)... I ended up choosing a sports lux in the end with only 18k on the clock...

But yeah I pushed the envelope and got no where with them taking any more money off...

I might add this price was their first and only offer, they would not budge an inch... So i walked...

If thats not price fixing then i dont know what is...

I find best way is email. No contact numbers and no listening to sales talk.

I find best way is email. No contact numbers and no listening to sales talk.

I tried this when I bought a motorbike......didn't work.

Over the phone was a bit better.

Which is why I've found you can't beat face to face.....and threatening to "walk away".

Its a bit more leg work but you can see who you're dealing with and what they are like. You don't get that in an email.