Off The Line...

Hey all

gotta say that buying this car was definitely the right decision. However, i feel very dissapointed about the fact that the IS200 can not beat most other cars off the line... im not trying to take on GTR or anything like that.

Even the 318s or the A4 seem to have the wood over me... and even more shocking is that some little Dihatsu's, Excels seem to take off a lot faster. :(

whats your idea on this... i was driving a S15 before so i do accept that fact that i loose a lot on power. But i didnt expect it to be quite this bad.

thanks for any feedback on this..

Even the RS200 is no drag machine! I think my Nissan Wingroad wagon is quicker off the line! (especially in the wet! Its a 4wd!)

The screaming 4cyl only gets up and boogies at 5000rpm, and that is a handful around town. That anemic 6cyl is not for dragging at all!

You need to get the opposition out in the winding country roads and show them how it goes!

im looking into the world of mods now..

possibly a new intake system would be the first move... but i guess it still is a little bit of mystery as to what works well on this car.

and then ofcourse the exhaust system would come in...

one question about exhausts. Are the brand names Remus, HKS etc all that much better than a custom build exhaust?

I think I have repeat this more than a few times but anyways....if you want low end power you go for torque! then you must not touch most of the N1 style mufflers since they are made for high end power (hp)...get a Tom's or TRD which has a barrel shaped which are mainly made for low end power....

Matt =)

I can second that notion.

I can also HIGHLY recommed that you come along to a drive day - not ONLY because drive days are great fun, but it's the best kind of research you can do for mods. You can see and hear and feel what various mods do by riding in other's cars!

I had a taste of Gwiin's intake the other night on our KK run. Very good quality install which was not taking in hot engine air. Sounded pretty much stock at low RPM, but my word you should hear the thing when it came on VVTi!!!! I never KNEW you could hear the thing come on VVTi, i mean you can hardly feel it!

Matt

sounds alright to me... i would definitely be interested in meeting you guys next time.. ive been keeping my eyes on this Speed Mag meet...

i dont think my car would cut it (yet) to quite the level that they are looking for, but i definitely wouldnt mind coming down and seeing whats the go...

also im looking forward to getting news on this new shop opening for us Lexus drivers... (i think it would draw some attention from other hotted up cars out there).

i dont think my car would cut it (yet) to quite the level that they are looking for, but i definitely wouldnt mind coming down and seeing whats the go...

Edwin, what do you mean?

The whole idea of the shoot is that we are all there - it is a club shoot. So lots of group shots and a blurb about us and what we do etc.

Really, the only stipulant is that you drive an IS!!! And trust me, your car is more than up to scratch! 'B)'

The important thing is that we get the numbers. There will be a couple of highly modded cars amongst the group that they can wax lyrical about if necessary!

stocks will be allowed and are more than welcome.. don't worry. as what matt explained.. it is a club cruise shoot.

as for numbers, don't be too worried.. we will get more than enough by the time the cruise shoot time/date has been allocated by the photographers for speed ;)

quote unquote from the staff writers at speed..

They don't all have to be blown or really crazy, just nicely presented (washed, cleaned, etc). If we can get a pack of more than 10 cars, that'd be beaut, 15+ would be really sweet, any more a bonus.

Man, if you cant beat Excels, you need to practice your launching better man!

Ill be the first to admit, that the car is no rocket, But I have manage to beat the following:

AU Falcon (After 120km he started pulling away)

Swift GTi (Friends car with headwork, exhaust etc, beat by half a car 3 times)\

E36 318i BMW (Easy win!!)

But yes, they feel very slow, but they arnt as bad as y ou think, maybe getting a Lightweight flywheel, will make the ngine feel more revvy.

About the SPEED cruise, as long as you have washed it, its welcome :P

Also, I can recommend this shop too.

i wouldnt call my self a formula one driver (who has launch control), but i can get off the line alright... the shift from 1st to 2nd is a bother though sometimes. Once i have shifted to 2nd its fairly easy to reel someone in then. do you guys with manuals find that the "Trac off" button makes much difference? i dont really think it does.

?UESTLOVE... did you happen to be driving in parra/westmead area on sunday arvo?

i wouldnt call my self a formula one driver (who has launch control), but i can get off the line alright... the shift from 1st to 2nd is a bother though sometimes. Once i have shifted to 2nd its fairly easy to reel someone in then. do you guys with manuals find that the "Trac off" button makes much difference? i dont really think it does.

?UESTLOVE... did you happen to be driving in parra/westmead area on sunday arvo?

Na wasnt me man, my car hasnt been in action for a while hehehehe.

Edwin, what do you mean?

The whole idea of the shoot is that we are all there - it is a club shoot. So lots of group shots and a blurb about us and what we do etc.

Really, the only stipulant is that you drive an IS!!! And trust me, your car is more than up to scratch! 'B)'

The important thing is that we get the numbers. There will be a couple of highly modded cars amongst the group that they can wax lyrical about if necessary!

huh?

wrong person bro!

:blink::lol: