Finally Bought An Rx350!

hi all

after about 8 months of testing various cars, such as Subaru WRX, VW R36, Ford G6E Turbo, Subaru Liberty GT and GOlf GTI, finally bought myself an 07 RX350 SL! A Graphite one with black interior.

Drove it down from Sydney to Canberra yesterday

Tyres had far less tread than the dealer described, so it looks like I'll need to replace them before getting the RWC done

Any suggestions for a tyre that's quiet on the b-grade highways?

It's got Michelins on there right now, which were fairly quiet on the various sections of road from Sydney to Canberra yesterday!

Look forward to chatting much more on this forum

best wishes

Satz

G'day Satz - congratulations on joining the elite! :)

I'd be interested in your thought process - eight months of testing turbo hot hatches and you end up with a luxo SUV?

Well done Satz; got one myself about 6 weeks ago and have found this site and the USA version to contain heaps of great info. How many kms are on your car and did you get it from a dealer or privately? what did you pay for it (if you dont mind the question). Its good to track values here; I found it helped when I bought mine.

Hi all

Interesting thought process that I went through...

Had a mazda cx7 which I felt was too heavy, lacked power and had poor AC.

Thought a small fast car would suit me well. Got a 3 door golf gti with dsg gearbox....great car...but...not for long travel , nor for getting kids in and out of the back seat!

Then started looking at 4 door performers.... Spent lots of time with these cars. Finally finding it hard to decide, made a spreadsheet of 25 criteria that I weighted against the five finalists.. The lexus came out on top numerically though I had test driven it the least of all the cars...as there just werent any for sale in canberra.

After owning it for 1 week, I already had to use the breakdown service when it wouldnt start today. Flat battery...probably as a result of me cleaning the interior for 2 hours with radio and display screen on.

Wish the car had more power or less weight! But hopefully the ac will be good!!!

Paid 47500 before stamp duty and transfer fees.

Cheers

CX7

If yours was a turbo, I would have thought it would be quite zippy. One of my mate has one and the only bad thing I hear about is the high fuel consumption.

GTI

A 3-dr GTI with kids?!?!?... What on earth were you thinking?!?..lolz.

Lexus

Welcome to the Lexus Club!.

I've just joined bought mine in October ..2006 modeland we paid $49000 only had 21000 km and guy never drive it so we think we got good deal hav had prados since '97 and I didn't really want to part with it but liked the Lexus being bit smaller plus I've never had auto

Love it but not as much power as prado

I've just joined bought mine in October ..2006 modeland we paid $49000 only had 21000 km and guy never drive it so we think we got good deal hav had prados since '97 and I didn't really want to part with it but liked the Lexus being bit smaller plus I've never had auto

Love it but not as much power as prado