Hi Guys.

I've just recently purchased an 2011 IS250 Prestige model and thinking about upgrading the headlamps to those with DRL Led and HID (ones u see in Sports luxury and ISF).

I think it would be cheaper to source the part from factories in asia, like malaysia,Hong kong, Taiwan, China or Japan.

But i am wondering whether the parts will fit into my lexus or not? Am just worry that some fittings might be different from countries to countries

is there anything i should be aware of?

I do know i can source the parts from SEWELL (USA), but the price is just ridiculously expensive (which i think a lot of u guys would agree)

any advise?

Thanks guys.

Source from asia and cost about $A 700 without bulbs. i dont think i can have the next model up with $A700.

For the price of the lights you could almost have just bought the next model up which comes with them standard.....amongst other things.

is this a genuine set of DRL headlights?

or some cheap no name chinese product?

Genuine set of DRL headlights from Lexus factory. I do realised parts price differ from countries to countries.am just worry that the fittings might be different, just like how DRL lights comes in standard in some asian country for all level of IS250 (2011 model). I would think the fittings are pretty much the same, and writting here to make sure if u guys know anything about headlights sittings and fittings.

Apparently lexus do not sell parts to individual, unless a dealer is willing to order them on behalf.

yes the fittings will be the same

the lights are interchangeable

only thing you might have to rewire is the HID's

but an aftermarket HID kit will solve your problem.

thought im not 100% sure but you will surely run into some problems on the electronics running the DRL's

I am currently in contact with Lexus HK, Malaysia and Indonesia.

Will let u guys know whats the outcome of it.

some has replied that they only service customers in their country.

Yes the control that does the speed and RPM orange ring light also does the DRL so for sure he will run into some dramas...

I have doubts over the $700 price as well. He hasn't specified where from? Asia is a big place.

• 5 months later...

guys i have successfully source out the latest drl headlamp. it's 100% genuine factory lexus 2011 is250 set of headlamp, costing about 4k-5k. i wonder if anyone is interested. one thing thou. these headlamp comes from lexus asia. and i wonder if it will fit aus 2011 lexus spec. hmmm...anyone interested to find it out?

guys i have successfully source out the latest drl headlamp. it's 100% genuine factory lexus 2011 is250 set of headlamp, costing about 4k-5k. i wonder if anyone is interested. one thing thou. these headlamp comes from lexus asia. and i wonder if it will fit aus 2011 lexus spec. hmmm...anyone interested to find it out?

What happened to your $700 figure you said previously?

Source from asia and cost about $A 700 without bulbs. i dont think i can have the next model up with $A700.

wait...

the headlights are $4000 - 5000? or did u mean thats what they normally cost, but your getting em for 700$?

cuz if it is 4k, no offence but F*** that

IMHO, the new headlights are look good, but their not THAT good

What happened to your $700 figure you said previously?

me: how much?

him: wait let me check! *background shouting in dialect

(after 15 minutes)

him: 2k per headlight $4k per set.

me: huh? what happen to the $700 price?

him: who u talk to? no way, there no this cheap, impossible...bla bla bla..

me: oh ok..

=================

call melbourne lexus and enquiry about the price of the lights. i was told to be $10k.

oh well.im just posting some information regarding the drl headlamp which i thought might be useful for others. why shoot the messenger huh!?

Actually, thank you for sharing that info.

My missus was considering buying me genuine headlamps with HID's and DRL's as an anniversary present (nice huh?). But at $4k per set (and possibly a HID rewiring with an aftermarket kit ... thanks for the tip ilv), perhaps there are more affordable presents?

Black,

Like you I was interested in getting my hands on some DRL's and retrofitting them to my car, but after a little investigating i came to the unhappy conclusion that in addition to the ridiculous price you'll have to pay to get it done properly, you're bound to run into some problems. So i went for the easy option and just replaced my parking lights with SMD LED's, and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. It cost me $15 for the two on Ebay and took about 15 minutes to install myself (instructions are in your owner's manual). While they're not as bright as the proper DRL's, they look awesome and still stand out during the day, and are well worth the tiny cost and time i put into them. I've uploaded some pics of my current setup, unfortunately i don't have any old shots of the original parking lights for a comparison, but i can assure you its a lot better. They blend in much better with the Xenon's too, if you're planning on replacing the halogens with HID's (strongly suggest this, i love my Xenons)

Hope it helps,

Ralph.

post-5222-0-31711800-1309420446_thumb.jp

post-5222-0-70114400-1309420461_thumb.jp

post-5222-0-10472700-1309420471_thumb.jp

post-5222-0-43172800-1309420482_thumb.jp

nice, i got blueish, white 9 SMD LED's for my parkers

yellow vinyl fogs aswell

317f7sp.jpg

thats a old pic, now i have 4500k fogs to match the 4300k lows

but im gonna be getting 6000k lows and then go with yellow fogs again

• 4 months later...

Hello, Ralph,

I like what I see. Can you please pass me the Ebay listing or the search term?

:)

thanks

Black,

Like you I was interested in getting my hands on some DRL's and retrofitting them to my car, but after a little investigating i came to the unhappy conclusion that in addition to the ridiculous price you'll have to pay to get it done properly, you're bound to run into some problems. So i went for the easy option and just replaced my parking lights with SMD LED's, and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. It cost me $15 for the two on Ebay and took about 15 minutes to install myself (instructions are in your owner's manual). While they're not as bright as the proper DRL's, they look awesome and still stand out during the day, and are well worth the tiny cost and time i put into them. I've uploaded some pics of my current setup, unfortunately i don't have any old shots of the original parking lights for a comparison, but i can assure you its a lot better. They blend in much better with the Xenon's too, if you're planning on replacing the halogens with HID's (strongly suggest this, i love my Xenons)

Hope it helps,

Ralph.