Guys,

I was thinking of doing this to my exhaust setup but not sure if it will affect the computers in the car.

i love the sound of my car upon full throttle. But would also like it a bit quiter on daily normal driving.

has anyone had any experience with these or can offer any advise. I got the idea from watching an episode of top gear i think it was one of the latest corvettes had it on the exhaust tips. This one goes mid stream before the axle back.

have a look . . . http://autospeed.com.au/A_110902/cms/article.html

Guys,

I was thinking of doing this to my exhaust setup but not sure if it will affect the computers in the car.

i love the sound of my car upon full throttle. But would also like it a bit quiter on daily normal driving.

has anyone had any experience with these or can offer any advise. I got the idea from watching an episode of top gear i think it was one of the latest corvettes had it on the exhaust tips. This one goes mid stream before the axle back.

have a look . . . http://autospeed.com.au/A_110902/cms/article.html

I'm having some trouble believing that works, actually. anyone tried it?

I had one in my Soarer. ECU shouldn't have any issues... I never did.

11dB difference between open and closed (107dB vs. 96dB). They work very well.

I had the Apexi ECV http://www.apexi-usa.com/products/?id=5326

I still have that entire exhaust system sitting in my back yard if you need to source a setup. It's the 95mm diameter model though.

Yeah, moving parts in the exhaust. I figured making it quieter was more important than how illegal they claimed it to be.

Just as illegal as aftermaket HIDs and most aftermarket wheels...

ur better off getting the varex mufflers from x-force.. these butterfly valves limit the flow of the exhaust greatly. difference with the varex is that instead of blocking off the flow it re-routes it into a different channel in the muffler system rendering it silent, they also work more efficiently in reducing sound than butterfly valves.. on top of that they are wireless.. hooked up to power and u have a little remote keychain to open and close the sound off on the mufflers.

another scary thing about butterfly valves is they are known to shut close when given throttle, say over time the plate does come off angle slighty, catches onto the exhaust flow and shuts itself while trying to fight the exhaust air current and ur in full throttle. not a healthy thing.

id honestly spend the extra hundred and get the varex

@ bluewaffle

Thanks for your advise. Ive been doing alot of investigating on these valves as i dont want a different muffler. I want what i got as i love it and love the sound. (The butterfly valve will only improve this driving pleasure)

What i have found is they all tell you exactly what you have brought up and a few other issue. and those that do bring it up have said how these problems have been over come and show you the moves forward to correct these older defects in older "models".

It all sounds pretty good. But must admit ive heard just as much bad things as good things. New technologies sound pretty promising though.

Still undecided. more re assurance required.