I purchased on the weekend! I started with BS Potenzas then dropped back to a touring tyre (BS Turanza), (after back to back sidewall punctures!) which were good, but the touring tyre or "all-rounder" (a bit of this and a bit of that on wet/dry, performance, wear, noise etc.) tend to go a bit hard after 18 months or so, notably the Bridgestones according to a few in the tyre business that I know, so if you're not doing a heap of kms, after a few years your ride and performance may suffer a bit on the BS', even though you may still have plenty of tread left.

So therefore I was going to 'upgrade' again to the BS Adrenaline Potenzas but I was a bit put off by the cost. In the end after strong advice from an acquaintance who manages a tyre franchise, I went with Pirelli P7 Cinturatos. Newish range that is a performance tyre more than 'touring/all-round'.

Already noticing they are as quiet as the Turanzas, but handling is very good and I'm getting some nice steering feel I've never had before. Maybe its this apparent low tread resistance that Pirelli has been spruiking about this range - not sure, but my car is gliding through the corners beautifully. I think you can get them on line as cheap as $200 (but who's gonna fit and balance them?!) and the retail outlets I think charge between $230 and $280. I got a bit of a 'staff discount' and got them fitted/balanced/aligned for $200.

Very early days of course - so you'll have to take what I have to say with a grain of salt I guess. Think the Dunlop Sport Maxx get a good wrap from some members on the forum here as well. Don't quote me on that. Yokohamas also come highly regarded for sport-oriented sedans as well. Stay away from the Continentals and Michelins - you'll get 30k if you're lucky!

I purchased on the weekend! I started with BS Potenzas then dropped back to a touring tyre (BS Turanza), (after back to back sidewall punctures!) which were good, but the touring tyre or "all-rounder" (a bit of this and a bit of that on wet/dry, performance, wear, noise etc.) tend to go a bit hard after 18 months or so, notably the Bridgestones according to a few in the tyre business that I know, so if you're not doing a heap of kms, after a few years your ride and performance may suffer a bit on the BS', even though you may still have plenty of tread left.

So therefore I was going to 'upgrade' again to the BS Adrenaline Potenzas but I was a bit put off by the cost. In the end after strong advice from an acquaintance who manages a tyre franchise, I went with Pirelli P7 Cinturatos. Newish range that is a performance tyre more than 'touring/all-round'.

Already noticing they are as quiet as the Turanzas, but handling is very good and I'm getting some nice steering feel I've never had before. Maybe its this apparent low tread resistance that Pirelli has been spruiking about this range - not sure, but my car is gliding through the corners beautifully. I think you can get them on line as cheap as $200 (but who's gonna fit and balance them?!) and the retail outlets I think charge between $230 and $280. I got a bit of a 'staff discount' and got them fitted/balanced/aligned for $200.

Very early days of course - so you'll have to take what I have to say with a grain of salt I guess. Think the Dunlop Sport Maxx get a good wrap from some members on the forum here as well. Don't quote me on that. Yokohamas also come highly regarded for sport-oriented sedans as well. Stay away from the Continentals and Michelins - you'll get 30k if you're lucky!

omg, so many things to consider :ph34r:

In following up from my first post here, Id now have to retract some my comment and say that after a couple of weeks driving with them, the Pirellis are a little noisier than my Turanzas now. So keep that in mind if you're considering them. (90% of the time I have the stereo system up so I'm not hearing anything other than that, so it doesnt bother me).

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a previous thread on the subject: http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10234&st=0&p=30856&fromsearch=1entry30856

Further comments on the Yokohama Db550s : The tramlining has almost completely stopped since changing from Dunlop Sports Maxx; steering is steady and true; very nice ride and quiet..... money well spent !!

Further comments on the Yokohama Db550s : The tramlining has almost completely stopped since changing from Dunlop Sports Maxx; steering is steady and true; very nice ride and quiet..... money well spent !!

Good to know that tramlining is caused by the OEM tyres ... Thanks for that!