Is-F Day At Wakefield Park

Epicurean

I am thinking of going down to Wakefield Park, near Goulburn, to get the feel of my IS-F.

I have been on this track before and it is quite safe.

It is $120 per day, run in 20 minute sessions.

Another $30 or $50 for a license for the track.

Might be a great opportunity for a few of us to get together and get the feel of our cars under the conditions they were designed for.

If there is some interest I will see about getting it organised.

The best days are apparently Tue, Wed or Thurs but not before a weekend race day.

Perhaps the 18th of October.

http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/calendar

I am interested. Might be worth talking to Sid at Chatswood Lexus about rounding up a few more.

If we need numbers I can probably rustle up a few non Lexus exotics. Add interest to the day.

Are you looking at exclusive track hire? If sufficient interest also hire a few instructors.

I was looking at just a normal mixed track day.

I think they separate such things as open wheelers etc.

If we wanted to make it an exclusive hire it would take too much organising.

If we just go down as a track day then the cost is low and we get to mix a little as well.

Sounds interesting. My concern is that Burrows type drive days normally are accepted by insurance companies whereas a full on track day, if not classified as driver training, will not be covered.

I am sure you are right, no insurance but you can check.

I raced my road car for a couple of years, not as expensive as the IS-f.

The trick is, don't crash.

I just want to have a moderate run to get the feel of the car in controlled conditions.

Sounds interesting. My concern is that Burrows type drive days normally are accepted by insurance companies whereas a full on track day, if not classified as driver training, will not be covered.

I am sure you are right, no insurance but you can check.

I raced my road car for a couple of years, not as expensive as the IS-f.

The trick is, don't crash.

I just want to have a moderate run to get the feel of the car in controlled conditions.

yes the key is not to crash

but trackdays are not covered by insurance in general but you may want to check with your insurance company

The IS-F launch was at Wakefield. We had close to 20 IS-F's and the track to ourselves. I also got to do a few laps with Scott Pruett who was driving for Lexus in the American Le Mans series. He was a freak.

I've also done a few days at Wakefield in my own cars and there not much for you to hit as it's in the middle of a lot of open land. You'll be pretty safe doing a day there.

Less chance of hitting a wall than at Eastern Creek. Although I crashed my bike at Eastern Creek 3 weeks ago and all I got was a helmet full of gravel so its pretty safe as well.