Sc Owners Picture Thread

• 6 years later...

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 2:16 PM, Natroth said:

Am I the only SC430 owner in Australia? The way to know these cars better is to share stories and talk......

Though there are a few on sale, I've only ever seen one on the road. They must be weekenders, or never driven!

• 3 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 5:31 PM, choppyshrimp said:

Though there are a few on sale, I've only ever seen one on the road. They must be weekenders, or never driven!

Hahaha.... I agree; they seem to sell but then disappear

1 hour ago, murray sanders said:

I purchased this 2008 SC430  for my wife for mothers day 2018

20180510_103445.jpg

20180510_103431.jpg

Wow! that looks clean. Not many came to Australia so it is hard to find a good one. That looks like the Silver/Pink one that was for sale in Sydney????? It was pricey and being sold as an 08' but is an 09' (turn signals integrated into mirrors for 09). I just bought a second one from Adelaide. It is being car transported up now and I won't get it till next week. I have owned many cars in the past including the latest model E class Cabriolet but the SC430 has stolen my heart. I also like tinkering so the SC430 gives me room to play :) Congratulations

Yeah it was the one in Sydney 88,000 kms on it compliance plate say's Aug 2008 , it wasn't quite as stick as the dealer said it was , I have spent prob $1000 getting it roadworthy , the front brake discs were undersize , the Pirelli tyres were scrubbed out on the inside so I put Toyo C1S on it and had a back and front wheel alignment done with minimum caster , now it is registered and drives real nice , my wife is a happy driver

20 hours ago, Natroth said:

Wow! that looks clean. Not many came to Australia so it is hard to find a good one. That looks like the Silver/Pink one that was for sale in Sydney????? It was pricey and being sold as an 08' but is an 09' (turn signals integrated into mirrors for 09). I just bought a second one from Adelaide. It is being car transported up now and I won't get it till next week. I have owned many cars in the past including the latest model E class Cabriolet but the SC430 has stolen my heart. I also like tinkering so the SC430 gives me room to play :) Congratulations

what? u bought another 1?

1 minute ago, ilv1004s said:

what? u bought another 1?

You just bought a RX450H and a GS350, a 2nd SC430 is small change 🙂 My IS350C is feeling a bit jealous

On 5/20/2018 at 3:14 PM, murray sanders said:

Yeah it was the one in Sydney 88,000 kms on it compliance plate say's Aug 2008 , it wasn't quite as stick as the dealer said it was , I have spent prob $1000 getting it roadworthy , the front brake discs were undersize , the Pirelli tyres were scrubbed out on the inside so I put Toyo C1S on it and had a back and front wheel alignment done with minimum caster , now it is registered and drives real nice , my wife is a happy driver

Given the asking price of your car the assumption was that it was near factory perfect, disappointing you had to then throw more $$$'s at it.  I am pretty sure your car is an MY09 in that it has the upgrade features for the 2009 model released in July 2008. This was the last model of this car imported into Australia. I cannot find any reference to the 2010 model ever being imported.  I bought mine from a lady in North Queensland who was the original owner and had the receipt for $167,000. It still had the "Original Spanish Leather" tags hanging on the seats .... Look after the car, it's a collectible. 

Thanks for the info Nathan , after taking the new rotors off that the mechanic installed for the roadworthy ( he didn't clean the grease off where they sit on the wheel hub and were not aligned properly , dirt on the grease  ) and putting new disc pads all round it now drives perfect , I still have my LS400 and our RX350 SL , I'm afraid i would never buy another brand of car after driving lexus for over 10 years , we had an ES300 1999 model which was "T" boned by a sheila in a VW talking on her moblie phone , all of our air bags went off and were not hurt at all , none of the airbags in the VW went off ( which was the main reason she bought the car ) I might look around for another earlier SC430 as a project car , regards Murray

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 9:48 AM, Natroth said:

You just bought a RX450H and a GS350, a 2nd SC430 is small change 🙂 My IS350C is feeling a bit jealous

correction i moved up GS450h

• 3 years later...