My car is in for a much needed 90k service tomorow and its going to add 1000kw!! lol na. its running pretty rough though and should come out like new.

Q8 fully Synthetic Oil

Fuel filter

air cleaner filter clean

Air con filter change

Autolite iridium spark plugs. http://www.noelsautoparts.com.au/pics/Autolite/XPiridium.jpg

Brake fluid flush and replace

diff oil remove and replace

EXTRAS.

Air con antibacterial flush

Carbon clean (FULL) http://www.bgprod.co...ts/fuelair.html

BG44k - removes engine deposits in combustion chambers, intake manifolds, ports and on valves. It restores flow in fuel injectors and cleans the entire fuel system.

BG ISC® Induction System Cleaner - BG ISC® Induction System Cleaner™ will quickly and safely clean fuel injectors and remove hard, baked-on carbon deposits from intake ports, intake valves and combustion chamber.

BG Air Intake System Cleaner is an extremely effective solvent/degreaser formulation that quickly removes sticky, heavy deposits which accumulate in the air throttle body assemblies and plenums of modern, multi-port fuel injected engines.

BG Fuel Injection System Cleaner is a specially formulated blend of solvents, high molecular-weight dispersants and deposit control additives which will quickly, effectively and safely clean fuel injectors and help remove upper engine deposits.

Can not wait to get that lexus smooth power and response back. been a bit of a very sick dog lately and the fuel economy shows.

PS also waiting to for my F-Sport intake to replace my k&n drop in!!

Ooooo let us know how it goes.

You'll love the Fsport intake. Perhaps a cruise soon ? lol.

Like chalk and cheese jaydee. After they applied the carbon killer they moved my car outside and it filled the carpark with carbon smoke. You couldnt see the car for over ten minutes.

The response is back. No more sluggish accelartion. And sooo much smoother. The spark plugs were dead.

And labour quality way better then lexus.

Its like new again. But still missing an extra 100kw. Hmm. Might have to start looking for that.

Ooooo let us know how it goes.

You'll love the Fsport intake. Perhaps a cruise soon ? lol.

Like chalk and cheese jaydee. After they applied the carbon killer they moved my car outside and it filled the carpark with carbon smoke. You couldnt see the car for over ten minutes.

The response is back. No more sluggish accelartion. And sooo much smoother. The spark plugs were dead.

And labour quality way better then lexus.

Its like new again. But still missing an extra 100kw. Hmm. Might have to start looking for that.

Time to buy a ISF maybe...?

• 2 weeks later...

What made you try Q8 oil? What grade did you use? I assume 5w-30. It looks alright but nothing outstanding in their line up.

Lex, reasons why you didn't take it to Lexus for the service?

defnk, mainly cost and trust of the mechanic doing the work. I know them and know they are going to do a good job. and the cost for the parts and known quality of the parts.

It came in at half the price approximately to a lexus service.

What made you try Q8 oil? What grade did you use? I assume 5w-30. It looks alright but nothing outstanding in their line up.

Basically the quality for the price is what leads me to Q8. bang for buck. There is heaps out there that are "better" and prices all vary but its just something ive always used.

defnk, mainly cost and trust of the mechanic doing the work. I know them and know they are going to do a good job. and the cost for the parts and known quality of the parts.

It came in at half the price approximately to a lexus service.

Sounds like an informed decision.

I recently signed up for extended warranty so I'm locked into Lexus servicing for another few years... Currenty at ~44K km...

• 4 weeks later...
Lex, reasons why you didn't take it to Lexus for the service?

Because Lexus will charge you a minimum of $1000 for this service :)

• 3 years later...