Gs 350 First Drive Review.

Guys.

On saturday i had the pleasure of taking the new GS350 fsport for a drive and a squirt.

I must say the driveability with all the technology and gadgets was not overwhelming at all on when getting in and driving for the first time.

First impression driving out the driveway and down the street. ... Powerfully solid. But not overwhelming.

Next was the eco mode normal sports and sports plus. Some ppl were saying daily drive normal roads you would not feel the difference. I disagree. The sports plus feels alot more crisp compared to the normal driving setting which is superbly luxurious.

The get up and go for the size of the car is suprisingly powerfull. Its got some great power and also felt really good from the back seat when i wasnt the driver. The back seat and space in the back is awesome and very spacious and also luxurious.

I could go on for hours. I really cool addictive feature is the throttle blipping on a down shift. It sounds awesome and just ads to the great drive.

HUD. I thought it would be intrusive to your drive but with night time falling it was suprisingly handy and made driving alot easier.

The stereo is like nothing i have ever heard before. It was amazingly sensual to your ears. It does not even begin to compare to the mark levinson in the IS.

Leather wrapped dash. 18-20 way adjustable seats hug you.

The only dislike so far i have is the rear end of the car. Its nice but im still not sure.

If i had more drive time on varying roads i could give a more detailed review. But as ive said so far. Plenty of power. Adjustments between sport suspension and luxury are great. Throttle blipping addictive and sounds great. Interior superior. Stereo clean crisp and amazing. Pick up and response solid and quick. Technology is well ahead of its time and will hold value for some time to come. Great car. Sooner or later. On what ive already seen i will be buying one.

I could go on and on but i will leave it at that. Best advise i can give is dont judge it entirely on pictures. Its definately worth a visit and even further a drive. Check it out.

Thanks DISLEXSIC love your work mate.

Great post.

Agree on rear it is not as good as IS. IS is just has this timeless design.

Still I'm slowly falling in love with new GS. So far all reviews are very possitive.

One my favorites: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1206_six_cylinder_midsize_luxury_sedans/

I was also given the opportunity to take the new GS 350 F Sport for a short drive over the weekend.

I won't say much about the looks, as it's I mentioned it in a first looks review last month. But I must say I'm getting used to the Garnet leather interior (no-cost option), after wondering what the Yanks were on when it was first shown at Pebble Beach last year. It's a change from your stock black, cream or grey leather, yet stylish. Oh yeah, and the self-healing Sonic Silver paintwork - that still wows me.

I'm a little apprehensive about driving other people's cars (loan IS 250 cars excepted). But while there's so much new technology in the GS, it still has a familiarity about it which, together with the technology, should make any IS driver drive it confidently. The steering wheel, the seating position, the door silll height, the combimeter position, the feel of the accelerator and brake underfoot - they all felt right. On top of that, the HUD showing my speed, and the blind spot warning indicator on the wing mirror meant that I didn't have to frequently shift my eyes away from the traffic ahead during Sydney's busiest time of week for driving - Saturday afternoon. While I didn't drive it all that fast, the brake feel at low speed at least didn't feel jerky which, together with the spaciousness of the cabin, would make riding in the GS as a passenger far more comfortable than in an IS.

The first thing that obviusly felt different from driving an IS was the lack of a foot brake. The automatic park brake meant that I instinctively pushed my left foot before moving off ... and finding nothing to depress.

The steering also feels very direct, so there doesn't seem to be the "flat spot around the middle" that some reviewers have complained about with respect to other cars with electric power steering.

If you like the quietness of a Lexus IS cabin, you'll love the GS. If you like the sound of revving your own engine, be aware that the insulation does mute engine noise much like turning down the volume on your audio system when playing Gran Turismo. The healthy growl on acceleration is still audible, however, and will definitely grab the attention of onlookers. The DAB+ audio sounds amazing and, while luxury car markers will no doubt follow Lexus' lead by including digital audio, one wonders if they can match the quality of the GS cabin and ML audio unit.

The New Generation GS was such an enjoyable drive. Not only would it be a leap ahead in stock performance and handling, but I suspect it would still keep my family members happy when I feel the need for a little performance driving.

Hi, I also test drove a GS350 F Sport on the weekend.

I was very impressed overall, car looks good with the F Body Styling and also sounds excellent when you give it a bit.

Very refined inside, nice HUD, very roomy and feels classy. Loved the 12.5 inch screen.

It's a lot of car for the money, the competition is a lot more expensive.

With the upgraded stereo and 12.5 screen, it's $110,200 on the road, delivery at the moment is about 8 weeks.

I'm seriously thinking of changing my ISF and getting one of these, I'm looking for a bit more comfort.

web.jpg?ver=13345482180001

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the gs350 is way advaned in chassis technology compared to the current lexus line up

it was very cool little gadgets and is a very nice drive

the 350 model has enough power but needs more

the DSS gearbox does help to pull its weight around with no power loss

Believe the fact on back it is not as good as IS. IS is just has this amazing style. Still I'm gradually really like new GS. So far all opinions are very beneficial . . . . . . . . . . . . .

first warning there buddy

no commercial advertisements are allowed with out approval

• 1 month later...

Hi, I also test drove a GS350 F Sport on the weekend.

I was very impressed overall, car looks good with the F Body Styling and also sounds excellent when you give it a bit.

Very refined inside, nice HUD, very roomy and feels classy. Loved the 12.5 inch screen.

It's a lot of car for the money, the competition is a lot more expensive.

With the upgraded stereo and 12.5 screen, it's $110,200 on the road, delivery at the moment is about 8 weeks.

I'm seriously thinking of changing my ISF and getting one of these, I'm looking for a bit more comfort.

web.jpg?ver=13345482180001

I took myself off down to Sydney City Lexus and took out the GS 450H F sport, My god, What a car, All the good bits from the 350 , with out the thirst , Goes very well, handles quite surprisingly given its such a heavy car.

So ive moved on the ISF, and ordered a GS.!

Will post pics when i pick up .!

• Like 1

Congratulations, looking forward to seeing the pics.

What colour did you go for.

And dare I ask, how was the trade price on the ISF, any good?

Cheers.