You'll need a brake upgrade to match the additional power... a few more $ should be set aside for that.

It's all fun and games increasing power, but you also need to stop the car. Brakes and tyres are often overlooked items when increasing power. They are what keep you from a nasty accident.

haha sorry this forum is getting really off topic. But its natural to wonder off topic right?

Atlantis, I wouldn't worry about that unless you are adding a hunk of weight or you are tracking it. Im pretty sure right now he isn't at the limit of his brakes already. I've driven a 250 on many occasion, and think damn those brakes are powerful. The only thing i can predict is fade under repeated use, which is impossible on the streets (kind of lol).

If you are really worried... Pad upgrade will do... which is two in one... bit more power, bit less dust!

360, read above posts. But I believe that Danny says that it 11k get you everything installed. This include install.

Also, stock 350 vs SC 250... SC 250 please. More power mate. 350's aren't very powerful and not very fast.

I think the perspective for him/her is... Umm should I pay more for less power? Or less for more power?

11k wouldn't cover any brake upgrades required for engineers or the testing and certificate itself. Then there's the issues of EPA emissions and testing if you wanted it to be a legal system. I've been down this path before and it's not a fun or cheap exercise.

If it was a good idea than everyone would do it instead of buying 350's which is what most people were trying to communicate to the OP. The power difference between the SC 250 and 350 is very little. Again id like to see it done but doubt it will happen.

Yeah, I was speaking from an engineering perspective as like 360 above, it's something I've been through in the past and it can be a real nightmare.

EPA will probably be the biggest headf**k of the lot.

Hi Guys.

- Queensland has no legally required regular checks of the car to ensure it is in good working order, so the only time these issues might be picked up is at point of sale or if a cop pulls you over and decides the blowoff valve etc is illegal.

- ARMA replied with the following

Stage 1 (For IS250, RRP:US$4600, shipping cost: US$150, we don’t handle your import tax.) includes:

1. Supercharger

2. Mounting brackets

3. Idler pulleys and accessory drive belt

4. High flow air filter

5. Supercharger inlet and duct

6. Hardware accessories

It’s suitable for tuning shop or an experienced car enthusiast. The boost and hp gain are self-set by tuner.

Stage 2 (For IS250, RRP:US$7200, shipping cost: US$220, we don’t handle your import tax.) includes:

1. Supercharger

2. Mounting brackets

3. Idler pulleys and accessory drive belts

4. High flow air filter

5. Supercharging piping

6. Hardware accessories

7. Blow off valve

8. Intercooler

9. Fuel management system (2.0 ECU & fuel injectors)

It’s suitable for ordinary car owner. It's bolt on, complete kit and easy to install and maintain. After installed, your car will increase 30-35% hp & torque.

ARMA supercharger has three main features: quiet, no oil leaking, and high-precision blade with outstanding output.

BOV is illegal in your city? Really? Because many cars have this part in the stock condition, then how to import some cars like BMW 335?

BOV is indispensable in this kit, but we can help you to do some modification to make it quiet. Is it okay for you?

We don’t have in stock until early May.

As I posted above, I don't think there is a point of getting it certified. Doubt this will ever get pick up on as you can see from the pictures all the engine covers and bay covers are still on.

lol, I don't think you quite get the point 360. There is a difference in cost associated with it, and the fact that he will be unique rather than all those bland 350 owners.

I don't think you quite get what the OP is after here with regards to the argument that everyone would SC it instead of a 350. And I get that you don't understand it, and you are merely just shedding your beliefs on the subject. But the fact of the matter is that not everyone is happy to go through the pain in the bum process of getting a SC and installing it and stuff. For me... I don't have time to do this sort of tinkering, so its impossible. You are also speaking from the perspective that he can simply sell his car for 28k even though he may have paid that a year ago, its only worth 24k now. That to him might be a bigger pain.

You might get heated at what I have posted above, and that fine. I will leave it at that, and reply no more to this post.

Thanks for everyones 2c.

p.s. good luck with it mate!

interesting, ilvs1004s says plumb back the blowoff

arma said they can do some "modification", not explicitly plumb back, to make it quiet, .

Also asked for a copy of the installation manual.

fatjoez - i like your idea.. I was thinking of doing the same thing in the future...

Personally, and this is only my opinion/preference I would rather supercharge an IS250 then get an IS350 especially if you got the IS250 for a good price which you have...also very unique!

I wouldn’t worry about getting the engineer cert. 90% of import cars out there are not, and who would really suspect anything in IS250 unless you are being a fool which in that case you can be driving and excel and you will get pulled over...same thing with the BOV. In my previous car (Nissan 200sx) I had a lot of work done and including a loud BOV and never got pulled over for BOV, other stuff YES..lol Also the harder you push you are the louder the BOV will be so if you are cruising along next to the boys in blue i really doubt it they would pick up on it...

You can go all out and upgrade the brakes, suspension, tyres, wheels, gearbox, exhaust system…etc etc

But in reality in my opinion all you really need is a 3inch straight through exhaust system and an ECU which you get if I remember reading the Stage 2 package.

Sooo to me a GREAT idea…hope all goes well for you mate…keep us updated!!!!

P.S. Would love blitzin’ an IS350 of the line…they always think they are soo much better and faster standing next to you on a set of lights!!! LOL ;)

P.S. Would love blitzin’ an IS350 of the line…they always think they are soo much better and faster standing next to you on a set of lights!!! LOL ;)

TBH i dont even think with a S/C a 250 can play with a 350

the ratios on the 350 are really agressive

up to 60 kms they feel similar to the ISF

This just in from Arma

Our technician said he can make a quiet BOV for you like AUDI’s factory turbocharger.

I told them about the plumb back idea & they replied

Our technician said it’s okay, he can modify it as plumbed back for you.

But we need two weeks working days after you are sure to place an order.

I've uploaded the installation manual they sent me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28023024/LEXUS%20IS-250%20300%20350.pdf

I wouldn’t worry about getting the engineer cert. 90% of import cars out there are not, and who would really suspect anything in IS250...

Yep, take no consideration of others on the road with an unroadworthy vehicle. Engineering is required for a reason, and jeopardising the lives of others just isn't cool, no matter how many tossbags ignore the law.

I certainly hope an unengineered vehicle never hits a family member of mine, or there will be some serious criminal and civil issues to deal with.

Please keep in mind that engineering works both ways... to protect you and others.

Edited by Atlantis

TBH i dont even think with a S/C a 250 can play with a 350

the ratios on the 350 are really agressive

up to 60 kms they feel similar to the ISF

Yep exactly my thoughts but I hadn't bothered posting them. If anyone would know, it would be you ilv1004s.

An IS350 will run 13 second 1/4s all day long and still be under warranty/insurance.

I don't believed a stock IS250 with a S/C kit bolted on would go near it.

Also agree with Atlantis on the engineering. Its a must.