Has Anyone Got The 2012 Navigation Dvd (V18)?

has anyone got the latest version of the Toyota/Lexus navigation DVD?

Was wondering whether it changes any of the functionality of the navigator unit, or just provides map updates (which in my experience are usually 1 year old anyway!)

cheers

S

• 1 month later...

Hi would this work on a is250? And would it cause any problems? I think i've got V12 but Im really finding it difficult to justify spending $400 (?) for the update :s

I think i've got V12 but Im really finding it difficult to justify spending $400 (?) for the update :s

$295:

http://www.whereismaps.com/buy-map-updates_built-in-car-navigation_product.aspx?view=13&devicedesc=Suitable+for+all+Lexus+models&deviceid=254

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course it's a copy. Can't see what the problem is there - a copy of a DVD has exactly the same functionality without the price tag. I'd rather spend my hard earned on things I can see, not a fancy label that's hidden once its in the DVD reader.

has anyone got the latest version of the Lexus nav?

Was wondering whether it changes any of the functionality of the navigator unit, or just provides map updates (which in my experience are usually 1 year old anyway!)

cheers

S

Well I'm running V19 in my car and there is no difference in functionality to V18.

I am running the new Lexus Hard Drive sat nav not the old DVD sat nav.

The new Lexus Hard Drive nav is faster & the live traffic warnings are awesome.

I really like the 3D view as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait til you get a flat battery or have to disconnect the battery.

Disconnected battery at the weekend to work on fogging in my headlight. Reconnected and no problems with Sat Nav.

If the DVD is copied properly as an ISO image, then it is, by definition, identical to the original. I have worked in this area for many years. Perhaps if others have had issues in the past it may suggest poor quality DVD media, or improperly authored copying. Just my 2c worth.

• 1 month later...

I want live traffic!

Joys of living in Sydney.

I'm on version 14 I think. Only had my IS for about a month.

Cheers

Rian

has anyone got the latest version of the Lexus nav?

cheers

S

Well I'm running V19 in my car and there is no difference in functionality to V18.

I am running the new Lexus Hard Drive sat nav not the old DVD sat nav.

The new Lexus Hard Drive nav is faster & the live traffic warnings are awesome.

I really like the 3D view as well.