Recent F Track Days At Eastern Creek

Hi guys

When was the last time lexus of chatswood sent out invites to the F track days at eastern creek. I remember getting 2 invites last year but unfortunately couldn't make it but don't get any invites any longer.

I've asked to put my name down but haven't received a response.

I want to try at least 1 track day with them to say that I've tracked my car:)

Hi Malibu. Got the invite myself today as well. I might actually go for it. I want to try it at least once. Also im assuming the insurance will cover the Lexus sanctioned drive day as its with a professional driving instructor. If you bring the car privately to the track you don't get insured correct?

Hi

I am going on the 30th. Done a few of the events O'Neill days, good events. Always get an interesting line up of cars. Luke runs an ISF himself.

More ISFs the better.

Check your insurance, it is a grey area. Some policies cover advance driver training others dont. Instructors are availble and the beginners group gets a lap of the track with instructors first up then they are optional. It is not a Lexus sanctioned event.

Of all the event I have been to the Events O'Neill are the best run, no overtaking by consent properly policed and due to the expensive machinery everyone plays nicely.

As you say Rob , got to try it once.. be warned you are likely to get hooked.... then start playing with the car to make it faster....

Hey dog

Might see you there then. I already have the joez exhaust / air intake installed by the dealer a few months back so keen to give it a good run on the day.

How muck track time do you actually have on the day. How many f's actually turn up on the day.

3 groups running 20 minute sessions thru the day. Plenty of track time.

Usually get 5 to 6 Lexus turning up.

Good day hope to see you there.

Also worth doing a skid pan day, something to get Chatswood Lexus onto.

Hi

I phone my insurance each time to check. Make sure you make it clear to them that it is non-timed. No difference if you go with Chatswood or not for the insurance.

Look, i don't want to open a debate again about what should be free or not. I don't mind paying for the track time but would think Chatswood could sponsor their side of things if they want to build an 'F' image. Don't get me wrong, it is nice being with the Lexus group though.

You definitely get more than enough time on the track so no worries about that. Have never done a skid pan day, could be interesting, more so than a proposed cruise day to Hunter Valley with the F club for something like $200 p.p (if this included a high speed run at the air strip or something like that it would be a different story but for lunch alone it sounds like this proposed day is very costly).

Hey guys, I also got a the email regarding the track day on the 30th , and I'm def thinking bout making this one... after talking to Chris at Chatswood, it seems that while some might say the price is high , after he explained the "ins and outs" of the day , it appears it would def to be an investment even in the fun factor and of course the education factor..

Ive done 2 other driver training courses both with Ian Luff, one which was on a skid pan... and the ISF won't let you down.. it will hang the rear out the whole way round...

Was hoping to have a set of headers on my car for the track day .....Shame it aint happened yet.... Stiil the track is a great place to test out my TOMs brace kit....

Hope to meet a few names from on here and put a face to the name!

• 2 weeks later...

Totally awesome track day at eastern creek. I would definitely do this again. I never thought the car could do what it did on the track. The car was so rock solid around corners. The instructor said to accelerate hard out of the corner and thought the car would spin out but it held extremely well around corners.

It was also nice to meet you richie.

Totally awesome track day at eastern creek. I would definitely do this again. I never thought the car could do what it did on the track. The car was so rock solid around corners. The instructor said to accelerate hard out of the corner and thought the car would spin out but it held extremely well around corners.

It was also nice to meet you Richie.

Nice to meet you bud!

The F today showed me what Ive only read online... Its a solid performer both on the street and the track..

A few guys were running a few Difference setups... and its given me drive to make a few improvements to my car .. ( Headers, Tein Suspension ).

Overall , what a great group of blokes.. and a excellent environment to meet like minded folk.... had a blast...

Thanks to Sid and the boys for making this a awesome day .!