Brake Pads?

marvin

Hi there! Just wondering how long everyone else brake pads have lasted for? I only got 30 000kms out of mine and I'm just wondering if thats ok?

Cheers

alright.Yeah I also got a quote to replace the front rotors and pads for $2200. Apparently you have to replace both the pads and rotors because they both wear at the same time. both lexus and another mechanic told me that the rotors are made of a softer material.... Does anyone know if its possible to get a harder combo of pads and rotors? I dont plan to track my car so I do not require all the performance of the brembos all the time and would like to replace them with a longer lasting alturnative.

Your help is greatly appriciated!

On another note has anyone else had problems with squealing brakes when braking slowly? I'm still on my original pads but annoying when braking from a slow speed you hear a high pitched sound. It's definitely coming from the brakes.

It wasn't as bad last year but seems to have gotten slightly louder.

On another note has anyone else had problems with squealing brakes when braking slowly? I'm still on my original pads but annoying when braking from a slow speed you hear a high pitched sound. It's definitely coming from the brakes.

It wasn't as bad last year but seems to have gotten slightly louder.

Part and Parcel of owning an F I think, everybody has the squeal and excess dust with OEM Pads / Rotors. Me it doesn't bother me that much as I new about it before purchasing and hence take it with the car.

+ $2,000.00 for front brakes is another thing. Phew pretty steep! Again something I read about before purchasing but hurts a little more when you have to open the wallet ;)

I was told by a mate who owns a brake shop after he saw my brakes, is that the OEM pads are like a metal based pad... and are VERY HARD on the OEM rotors...and so very heavy on the dust also (We all know that )

So he supplied and fitted a Aftermarket pads... (which bearly dust) and stop just as god if not better..

as for Rotors, well try sourcing them from the states..and get the pads Locally or if you wanna try the pads I got fitted, Pm me and i can sort something out..

• 2 months later...

Still going at 46,000 km on the original pads!!!!!! :)

In anticipation of needing them replaced I brought some pads from the Manukau Dealer who posts on here, super cheap but don't need yet Woo Hoo

Dealer is saying I might get another 10,000 km out of them, obviously I have not tracked the beast LOL

How much was shipping for your set of tyres Mike? $350?

Hey Mate,

Yeah if you do 4 they are approx 350, I did 2 at a time to avoid duty / GST / clearance charges. shipping was around 250 for 2 at a time.

Still worked out about 1000 in front compared to Australian tyre prices esp Michelins. Just a heads-up Tirerack only accept Int. money transfer for O/S purchases.

Highly recommended received the tyres in 5 days via Fedex..... just waiting on my HRE wheels now :)

Cheers

Mike

\Hey Mate,

Yeah if you do 4 they are approx 350, I did 2 at a time to avoid duty / GST / clearance charges. shipping was around 250 for 2 at a time.

Still worked out about 1000 in front compared to Australian tyre prices esp Michelins. Just a heads-up Tirerack only accept Int. money transfer for O/S purchases.

Highly recommended received the tyres in 5 days via Fedex..... just waiting on my HRE wheels now :)

Cheers

Mike

Cheers Mike.

A mate got 6 BF goodridge MT's delivered a while ago and saved a crap load.

I got a quote for new tyres for my Honda and the shipping was $350. I never ordered, but would have saved about $200 on that deal.

I certainly will be ordering tyres for the Lex from there though, looking at around $1200 - $1500 savings lol! $900 a rear tyre here? Are they serious?

4 tyres cost me $360 from tyre rack to ship. Got Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the size I wanted 245 and 275. Probabl saved about $450-500

I am in Sydney, Northern suburbs, any recommendations on where to get the tyres fitted. Have had the tyres for over a month and plan to fit them next week.

4 tyres cost me $360 from tyre rack to ship. Got Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the size I wanted 245 and 275. Probabl saved about $450-500

I am in Sydney, Northern suburbs, any recommendations on where to get the tyres fitted. Have had the tyres for over a month and plan to fit them next week.

Take it to tyreplus in Chatswood, speak to Roger and tell him Mike sent you.

He's a mate and has the latest fitting equipment that won't scratch your rims

http://www.tyrepluschatswood.com.au/

He's also the HRE and ADVAN dealer if ur interested in rims

• 2 weeks later...