Buying A Second Hand Lexus Is250 In Melbourne.. Need Some Help

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here and I'm looking to purchase a second hand Lexus IS250 Prestige Auto in Melbourne, Australia.

My budget is quite low, it's roughly around $35,000 but the lower the better.

I'm looking for one with EMV package hopefully and black/white/crystal mist paint with black leather trim.

If anyone here knows anyone selling one that would be great.

Are there any thoughts or tips I should know before buying one?

Thanks

I've got a 2009 IS250 Prestige in Graphite colour if you're interested.

EMV, GPS, rear camera, bluetooth, sunroof and 17" wheel package.

Car basically looks like it's driven out of the showroom.

29,000km, very good condition (ask any of the Sydney members here for verfication).

Asking $37,500 but dropping $500 per month due to a decreasing company lease on the vehicle :)

I've got a 2009 IS250 Prestige in Graphite colour if you're interested.

EMV, GPS, rear camera, bluetooth, sunroof and 17" wheel package.

Car basically looks like it's driven out of the showroom.

29,000km, very good condition (ask any of the Sydney members here for verfication).

Asking $37,500 but dropping $500 per month due to a decreasing company lease on the vehicle :)

Hey thanks for the offer,

Your car sounds great and very tempting but I currently have my eyes on a pearl white/crystal mist at the moment.

I took a look around car sales and found this http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=12719331 , the mileage is a little high, I was wondering is it really worth its price as it is a 2006 model as well.

For a 2006 prestige without the EMV option at $29,990, in my opinion is overpriced. You'll find that 76,000km is not high but average for that year. If you keep searching, you could pick up an 07' with EMV at that price with the same km's as the one you've shown.

This car seems worthy of checking out: http://www.carsales....3%201216&Page=2. Sports luxury will hold its value better than the prestige.

If you're interested in a MY09 model, I can also vouch for Atlantis' car.

For a 2006 prestige without the EMV option at $29,990, in my opinion is overpriced. You'll find that 76,000km is not high but average for that year. If you keep searching, you could pick up an 07' with EMV at that price with the same km's as the one you've shown.

This car seems worthy of checking out: http://www.carsales....3%201216&Page=2. Sports luxury will hold its value better than the prestige.

If you're interested in a MY09 model, I can also vouch for Atlantis' car.

Hey, thanks for the link, don't know how I missed this one, I'll have a look at it when I'm free

EDIT: I was wondering how is the 05' with getting parts and such? I took a look a sewell and there doesn't seem to be a category for 05' parts

Hi Richard if it helps, i recently purchased in Sydney a Lexus is250 Dec 07, 41k mileage, emv + moonroof for $36,000, private sale. Good luck :-)

2005 is same as 2006 2007 2008

Oh okay, thanks

Hi Richard if it helps, i recently purchased in Sydney a Lexus is250 Dec 07, 41k mileage, emv + moonroof for $36,000, private sale. Good luck :-)

thanks for the info :)

I haven't gotten the chance to check out the black 05 sports luxury yet due to him being overseas till the 23rd of june, but I got a call from a dealer and he wants to sell me this is250 white 09 sports luxury

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/lexus-is250-2008-12823856?base=1216&vertical=Car&eapi=2&Page=5&sort=~Price&cr=64&__N=1246%201247%201252%201282%204294965468%204294965467%20903%201216&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,40000~0.5

Was just wondering is worth paying the extra money for this 09 model with higher milege than the 05?

• 2 weeks later...

Dont mean to hijack or anything, but Atlantis, can you please PM me more details or email address in regards to your car? I'm also in Sydney and might be interested. I can't seem to view your personal details (forum wont let me)

There's http://www.carsales....aspx?R=12820717 could anyone take a look? It's a bit far from my area but I guess it should be okay, only problem is that he's the second owner of the car so I'm not too sure, any idea?

Come's with the OEM 18" F-Sport wheels :P

EDIT: I also asked the owner of this car http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/lexus-is250-2005-12709213?sort=~Price&silo=Stock&cr=15&eapi=2&vertical=Car&__N=1282%204294965468%204294965467%20903%201216&Page=2 why his selling the car and if his the first owner.

His also selling 2 IS250 this is the link to the other one: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/lexus-is250-2007-12594564?sort=~Price&silo=Stock&cr=41&eapi=2&vertical=Car&__N=4294965468%204294965467%20903%201216%201247%201282&Page=3

I would be wary of the person selling the two IS250s, if you look closely, those number plates are not the original ones that came with the car and are consecutive plates which could mean that they have some sort of history behind it. The mileage on those cars seem to be suspiciously low and too good to be true. If you are keen on purchasing, you should run a history check on the VIN not only in VIC, but other states as those cars could initially be from another state and have a history there.

What were his reasons to sell?

I would be wary of the person selling the two IS250s, if you look closely, those number plates are not the original ones that came with the car and are consecutive plates which could mean that they have some sort of history behind it. The mileage on those cars seem to be suspiciously low and too good to be true. If you are keen on purchasing, you should run a history check on the VIN not only in VIC, but other states as those cars could initially be from another state and have a history there.

What were his reasons to sell?

Hey, thanks for replying,

I just messaged him and he said "Size too small"

I would be wary of the person selling the two IS250s, if you look closely, those number plates are not the original ones that came with the car and are consecutive plates which could mean that they have some sort of history behind it ...

Nicely spotted, x250x ...

And to add to that, we can also see the Sports Luxury has already had its windscreen replaced.

Granted, the pictures are relatively poor quality, but I can't see any front parking sensors, either.

richard the car in question is a repairable write off

it also has OEM nav but no steering wheel controls (all EMV pack cars have sterring wheel control above the right side disp button)

which means the owner added it on when repairing the car, Also there is no reverse camera present on the car

how ever the KM's seem pretty genuine as you can see the seat hasnt had any hard wear on it

IS chassis seats (perf leather) start getting creases as soon as around 20K ish kms or so

It's technically not dodgy at all

but it is dodgy (due to the history of the car)

hes asking way too much for the car it's probably worth around 20K

my personal opinion DONT BOTHER WITH THE CAR

hope that helps mate

ilv is referring to the Prestige model the guy is selling (the guy who's selling both a Prestige and an SL).

As for the Sports Lux, we don't know whether it was a repairable write-off or not, but given the common seller and the simultaneous registration dates, it's pretty likely.

So, DON'T BOTHER WITH EITHER.

I have a 2007 Prestige with approx 45,000km on the clock. non EMV

With sunroof, OEM 18" wheels (blade wheels), OEM boot lip and OEM rear parking sensors.

Do let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for clearing that up guys,

Still having trouble finding an IS250 so I may have to go for something cheaper till next time, it's a shame though, was really looking forward to one.

i should've added more details. sorry!

it's graphite with black interior and i'm based in melbourne.

I have a 2007 Prestige with approx 45,000km on the clock. non EMV

With sunroof, OEM 18" wheels (blade wheels), OEM boot lip and OEM rear parking sensors.

Do let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for clearing that up guys,

Still having trouble finding an IS250 so I may have to go for something cheaper till next time, it's a shame though, was really looking forward to one.