Reversal Of Shift Pattern On Gear Lever

Just stumbled across the pic on my phone as i was cleaning it up and stumbled across it so thought i'd share.

Anyway, see pic, but just a simple case of cutting the blue and red wire and reconnecting them switched around (the blue to red and red to blue). Disregard the yellow wire being cut. Just a case of me cutting the wrong wire. After thats done it will be down to change up a gear and up to downgear.

I've found thats more natural during enthusiastic driving lol.

Hope thats of use to some ppl.

BTW: If you don't know what you're looking at please don't attempt it as i will not be held responsible for any damage you do to your own car.

post-2533-0-89620400-1355046198_thumb.jp

So you are saying that this feels more natural to change this way?

I have found that with the wife's CX5 (which changes in reverse to the IS) that it felt more unnatural. I don't know if it is because i felt more familiar with the IS set up. But in saying that it is hard to really feel spirited when driving the CX5.

How to the European cars change?

I have found that with the wife's CX5 (which changes in reverse to the IS) that it felt more unnatural. I don't know if it is because i felt more familiar with the IS set up. But in saying that it is hard to really feel spirited when driving the CX5.

It defintely does to me, although in saying that i did come from a mazda originally.

Its not so much a big deal in the 250 but in a car like the 350 and the F when u plant your foot down u get pinned to your seat and the motion of pushing up to change up seems awkward to me.

But at the end of the day, its whatever ppl are comfortable with. Mod just there for those like myself who like it reversed.

also pm'd u for thoughts on CX-5.

All proper race car gearboxes are set up the way this modification works.

I think car factories have reversed the setup as it is more natural to think that forward is up and backward is down for "normal" people.

I think car factories have reversed the setup as it is more natural to think that forward is up and backward is down for "normal" people.

So are u saying im not normal lol :-)