Rx450 Streaming Music - Help Please

I purchased a brand new RX 450 in July 2012. I have tried listening to my music streaming services - MOG and Spotify - numerous times to no avail. My husband picked up his brand new IS350 on the weekend and when I plugged in my ipod, the music services worked fine (It has a much better nav system than my car). I noticed on the IS when I plugged in the ipod, I had to select BT audio on the nav screen. I have noticed the RX doesn't have this option even though numerous youtube videos made in the US show this option on their RX models.

When I select USB and press play on either my ipod or iphone 4s the song will play for around 20 seconds and then suddenly stop, the screen will show this message ' cannot read from the USB device or ipod. Please ensure the device is operating correctly.' Is anyone able to help me fix this problem? Thanks

When I select USB and press play on either my ipod or iphone 4s the song will play for around 20 seconds and then suddenly stop, the screen will show this message ' cannot read from the USB device or ipod. Please ensure the device is operating correctly.' Is anyone able to help me fix this problem? Thanks

I have a 2011 IS350 F Sport and I get the same issue. It also happens with the podcasts app too if I play the audio via the app instead.

I don't know the reason for this (I can only speculate that maybe the music app conflicts with the audio system?!?!), however I tend to close the music app on the ipod completely... not just rely on pressing the home button.

I then unplug the ipod, turn off the audio system, and replug it and I access the music directly from the audio system's USB menu.

This always fixes the problem.

Regarding the BT Audio, I don't think there is this option with the IS, however I might be wrong if you say so. Mine certainly doesn't have it and the Lexus website makes no mention of it on the IS.

Your RX should have BT Audio though if it is the 2013 model/shape, and even digital radio (DAB).

Thanks Johnny, it seems like an awful lot if hassle to go through just to listen to some music! I'll give it a go though.

My husbands brand new IS350 F sport does have BT audio which makes listening to Spotify easy. My RX450 which cost $40000 more than the IS has a pretty sub standard nav system in comparison - no Bluetooth audio and definitely no digital radio!

Yup could confirm the new RX have BT audio and DAB

But missed out on Enform app support that our US friends have..

I purchased a brand new RX 450 in July 2012.

Late 2012 RX's got the features your IS350 has plus a few more.

Sounds like you missed out on getting Bluetooth streaming, hard drive sat nat that is quicker/better than DVD nav, Digital Radio, Live traffic alert in Nav plus a few other upgrades by a couple months.

The late 2012 RX was more than just a facelift. There was a good upgrade in features/tech & a price decrease.