So today i drop my car at Lexus of Chatswood to do the 90000km service, they give me the is350 for the day. I was very very impressed with the power of this car, its incredible! i gotta admit its much more fun driving the 350 than the 250 cos of the power difference! p.s the dealer asked me if i wanted to decarbonate the engine, is that a good thing to do? i mean it does require taking engine apart and reinstall it.

Good stuff, but the 350 also burns more fuel than the 250 to give you the exhilarating power. :P

Yeah it did burn more fuel, i had half a tank of fuel and by the end of the day there was only one bar left LOL somehow my loan car revs very high for some reason, even if i gentlely press the pedal to accelerate and it would rev to 3000 even 3500 rpm, maybe thats the reason of teh fuel consumption

the extra Killer Wasps are awesome. i have just completed by first 1000kms in my new 350 and the fuel cost is the killer! but i wouldn't exchange economy for power EVER! i loce putting the boot in ever now and then adn as teh engine opens up and runs it, it will only get better.... so far, the lust is still alive and well! lol

By the way Bowen, just curious to know how much dealer quoted you for the engine decarbonization?

Since you are driving the IS250, you might want to consider the option as we know some of the 2.5L engine on the IS250 has the carbon build-up issue. YMMV

Other more experienced members should be able to help you out here.

By the way Bowen, just curious to know how much dealer quoted you for the engine decarbonization?

Since you are driving the IS250, you might want to consider the option as we know some of the 2.5L engine on the IS250 has the carbon build-up issue. YMMV

Other more experienced members should be able to help you out here.

It only costed about 195 dollars to have that service done which is great haha!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a new 350 and it is fantastic, especially with the F sport package and the intake and exhaust. As a daily drive and on the track its great. Not the power of the ISF but a nicer drive and the internals have a great look about them

• 3 weeks later...

I like the way that the paddles are always active. A great feature! I've investigated whether its possible to do it with an aftermarket kit – but unsuccessful.

In my is250, I have become used to doing a sequence movement of the gearstick so that I move straight into sports mode.

So, car in Neutral/Park/Reverse:

Lever back to the stopper <Drive>

Lever right <Sports>

Lever Up (twice) <6th Gear>

Then, the paddles are available to me at all time.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...