Hi guys,

I'm sure my car is soon to be due for some new brakes, and so I have been doing some research about aftermarket ones available (the oem ones seem to be quite costly and generate a LOT of brake dust and squeal).

I have been searching around on google and this forum, and I get the idea that I should look at DBA T2 slotted disc rotors, and that EBC and Bendix CTs are quite reputable brake pads.

My question though is whether anyone has tried the Bendix General CTs, EBC Greenstuff and EBC Redstuff and could give me an idea of how each product compares.

I'm really hoping that they will output noticably less dust than the OEM ones, but I guess squealing is more of a priority for me. I could live with cleaning my wheels once per week compared to the whole world hearing me when I'm stopping my car.

Also, ebay would pretty much have the best prices for these things, right?

Thanks guys!

I had the Bendix one in the past. Brake dust wise, its way better than the OEM one. It also resolved the squeaking noise as well. However, performance wise, its basically the same as the OEM, actually i would say its a bit worse.

Am about to change the pads for my IS350 too. I would like the know the review for EBC as well. I think Redstuff is better on performance.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, out of all three options, the Bendix is the cheapest. By a 'bit worse', would you say that it is really noticable during normal driving (my regular driving usually won't go over 100km/hr)?

Has anyone tried EBCs and could shed some light? :)

I would recommend Akebono pads for our cars. I'm currently using these for both front/rears and they are awesome. They are ceramic, affordable, quiet, almost hardly any brake dust, and they bite.

Bendix arent as good as they used to be!

For general daily driving you cant go wrong with bendix black stuff. minimal dust and initial bite and follow through breaking just awesome!!. and if you have is350 brakes it stops on a pin!!

• 2 months later...

Bendix CT pads are not as good when compared to the OEM pads, i changed to it today, and i was like what the hell happened to my brake, the brake pedal feels soft during hard brake and the difference is definitely noticeable!

Bendix CT pads are not as good when compared to the OEM pads, i changed to it today, and i was like what the hell happened to my brake, the brake pedal feels soft during hard brake and the difference is definitely noticeable!

*BLEEP*, my friend told me to get Bendix GCT instead of the EBC Redstuff as he said I wouldn't need it... What are your opinions?

Also if you went EBC would you get redstuff or greenstuff? Going with DBA Slotted rotors too... I heard the pads can wear the rotors quicker? :S I have no idea what to get anymore

*BLEEP*, my friend told me to get Bendix GCT instead of the EBC Redstuff as he said I wouldn't need it... What are your opinions?

Also if you went EBC would you get redstuff or greenstuff? Going with DBA Slotted rotors too... I heard the pads can wear the rotors quicker? :S I have no idea what to get anymore

Thats what my mechanic said as well! Dont listen to him, get the Red Stuff and pair it with EBC USR slotted rotor! Red stuff is the least dusty, but the only thing is that i heard that it might squeals but thats the issue with any performance pads though.

• 2 months later...

I've been running my DBA T2 Slotted Rotor and EBC Greenstuff combo for over one year, appox 15000Km now.

Personally, I don't feel much difference in braking perfomance against the OEM one, maybe just a little bit better when the brake pads warm up. But it does generate a lot less brake dust than OEM.

At start, the combo made hell lot of squeaking noise for the first 1000km, I abosulately hate it. But slowly faded away after applied some Bendix brake lubricant and no more squeaking after run in.

IMHO, unless you take your car to race track, or do some heavy braking test, I don't think you'll notice any difference between the Greenstuff, Redstuff or CT.

Just choose the colour you like. LOL

Remsa get good reports.OE suppliers to most european brands,low dust and rotor wear 650C rated,reasonably priced.I've emailed a guy on pricing.I'll post as soon as i find out how much.Soooo sick of the dust from the factory pads.

Hi, I am running DBA T2 slotted front and rear with Remsa pads. I personally think braking is better than OEM and looks better anyway! I got DBA's from MRT Motorsport and Pads from Chatswood Brakes.