Running A Wire From Roof To Floor (Airbag Concerns)

Hi folks,

Not too sure how I could have rephrased the topic without sounding bizzare as it is, but here goes :wacko:

I have a 25W solar panel and a spare MPPT charging controller that I want to make use of in my car. the 25W panel fits miraculously well right underneath the moonroof. With some fiddling around, I did manage to slide the panel in with the glass tilted up and rested it on that ... thing (the thing you manually slide open and close to expose the roof inside the car, for the lack of a more appropriate terminology).

The cells appear to be sitting well within where (at least SOME) light goes, so I figures on a reasonably sunny day, I would have at least around half the power going into the cells.

What I need to know is how safe I can play around with my car without popping out an airbag or two. I need to find a way to feed a thin(ish) wire from the moonroof down towards the chassis (i.e. where all the other wires are hidden along the door frames, along with an existing wire I routed from the engine to my small 8AH deep cycle battery). The panel shall ideally charge the secondary battery, which is there so I can power a Waeco fridge without draining the crank battery (also because it will kill the cranking battery by deep cycling it).

If I'm doing this, then I will be feeding the wire on the passenger side. I'm tempted to try one of the following:

1. feed a wire through the piller supporting the windshield, since this is probably the easiest place I can just probe around with using a straightened coathanger. The fact that there is an "SRS Airbag" symbol etched on the fabric there is making me think twice, or

2. find a path through the middle piller (i.e. where the front passenger seatbelts come out from).

Has anyone done something crazy like this and could give me some advice?

Thanks!

P.S: Sorry for the long post!

the airbags wont pop (but just incase d/c the battery)

there are no sensors near the roof that'll throw the airbags off

follow the wiring on the roof and pillar lining on the passenger side

you would find that all the dome light and sunroof wires run through there