Retrofit 2011+ Is250 Led Headlights From The Usa?

Hi guys,

I've read a few of you purchased some US and put them on your cars here. I'm just wondering has the cutoff difference between the LHD/RHD market caused any problems for you in terms of visibility?

Does it blind oncoming traffic at all - do you get flashed or honked at?

The horizontal cutoff is adjustable, so you can adjust the cutoff height to much the same specification as the original fitted headlamps.

The major difference is the oblique cutoff which, for left-hand drive vehicles, is meant to rise above the horizontal cutoff on the left-hand side, to give greater illumination on the side of the vehicle farthest from oncoming traffic.

For most drivers and passengers on a modified vehicle, the absence of this additional illumination is imperceptible. As for oncoming traffic ... I do know one person who was stopped by police because their lights were "so bright", but was moved on.

• 1 month later...

Here's my before and after shot as a general comparison of the angle of the beam. Before shot was with halogen projectors + HID kit. After shot is the MY2012 lights. As mentioned, you can adjust the beam to be pretty much the same height as with RHD models. I actually asked the dealership guys to fix up the aim for me to their specs when I took it in for a service. Just note that I wasn't parked in the exact same spot for both shots. ca1192b86ada11e2a38422000a1f96a9_7.jpg

The photos were taken with a camera phone so not really in a controlled setting with the same focus point and what not, it was mainly just to show the beam and cutoff.

The factory xenon's are certainly brighter than the HID kit I had, however the photo does make it seem more extreme.