Just a quick update. You should have all been notified of the recall by now and should book it in as soon as you can.

My car had the recall done last week so the parts and tools should be in dealerships by now.

Aside from (I assume) marking in the books that the recall has been done is there any other way of checking? I've heard of putting stickers in certain locations, like on the cam cover, or on the A pillar etc.

• 2 weeks later...

had mine done today, according to my dashcam it was around a 3hr process (bonnet went up at 10am, down at 12:45ish)

seems the same really not that I expected significant changes.

got them to program the windows for auto up and down so thats the only bonus really :)

happy with the service @ the local dealer.

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to get an IS350 but not sure if it is 2010 or 2011 as it is built in Dec 2010.

I am also not sure if the seller has done this free service or not.

How would i go about letting lexus know the change of ownership and to check if my car has been done yet?

in the back of your owners manual you will find little square change of ownership cutouts, you can submit this to lexus and they will then send you our a lexus encore package which lists your features etc.

chances are the recall has not been done on your car as it has only been issued recently, if you want to check open your drivers door on the inside panel (steering wheel side) is a little silver/foil/stamp/sticker deal that lists the date (for eg mine has 22/10/2013) and a number below - I also confirmed with a friend who had the recall and he has the same sticker so I guess this is lexus's way of identifying if the recall has been done (apart from entering it into some d/base)

or just ask the guy :)