just when I get my 2011(05/11 build) 350.. lol :(

I emailed lexus regarding this as I have been in contact to sign up for encore etc..

from cnn

"The second recall includes Lexus IS 350, IS 350C and GS 350 vehicles

made between 2006 and 2011. These cars can also stop while on the road,

this time due to bolts in the variable valve timing control device

coming loose."

so going by the US recall id hope the 2010-2011 AU 350's are less likely than an earlier year US model to cause an issue before the bolt issue is fixed.

probably just a caution

my car has no problems at all

dont let the recall get in your head

stuff like this happens all the times

True.. at least lexus willing to rectify the issue right away. Unlike VW keep denying until the issue was published to public.

probably just a caution

my car has no problems at all

dont let the recall get in your head

stuff like this happens all the times

True.. at least lexus willing to rectify the issue right away. Unlike VW keep denying until the issue was published to public.

exactly thats why we drive lexus right?

if there is a problem they fix it with out a word

lets updated this thread for any affected members who will be doing this

My IS350 is also affected. I called up Lexus of Chatswood earlier and was told that a letter will be sent out to the owners of the affected vehicles by the end of the month. They currently do not have the parts or the technical service bulletin to fix it.

I have had the engine rattle twice before on start up that happened about 6 months ago. Since then, the car has never stalled on me and runs perfectly fine (Just like it did before the rattle) and I drive my car everyday - It shouldn't be an issue. Like ilv004s mentioned, it is more of a precautionary measure than anything.

I'm confused. Says from 2006 IS350. But we didn't have is350 until 2011 ?

Surely Lexus doesn't think we should have to wait 5 years for a "new" car ?

After doing the same thing on the IS300 ?

FAIL.

Has anyone received any further update on this? Is this recall related to the cam-gear issue? I have no clue about that honestly. Actually, i just had the cam-gear replaced due to the start up rattle. The guy from Lexus told me i might not be affected on this recall because i just have the modified part in
the car now. Does it make sense at all?

I haven't received any further updates yet.

Since my car is at Lexus for body repairs, they have told me that as soon as they get the parts, I'll get a notice and it'll be fixed whilst the car is still in the work shop. I'll update this thread once I get more info.

Samsung001, did you get the cam gear changed on your IS350 or IS250? apparently the US had issues with the cam gears on the IS350 from 2006-2009 but has been resolved before the release of the IS350 in Australia. Technically there shouldn't be a cam gear issue in Australia for the IS350.

DO IT: I was referring to 350. I believe the recall is ONLY for 350 & RX anyway right (correct me if am wrong). With the cam gear issue, apparently, i believe its not the case. I had the cam gear replaced due the start up rattle. I had the 250 before, and am fortune enough that the 250 had the same cam gear issue as well haha. Having said that, Lexus fixed both without a question.

You mentioned the facelifted model shouldn't hv the rattle issue. Does it mean my car has already completed the recall coz the cam gear has been replaced?
I presume the new cam gear should have the modified part right?

The current recall is for the variable-valve timing system bolts that may have loosened for the IS350. So even though, you have had the cam gears changed, you might also need this recall in relation to tightening the bolts.

My previous 250 have also had the cam gear issue, but I was unaware that there was an issue in Australia about the cam gears for the IS350.

There was an issue in the US for the IS350 manufactured between 2006-2007 for the cam gears. There shouldn't be any further issues with the IS350 cam gears as it was released in Australia as the MY11 model with 2010 build dates. Which dealer did you speak to in regards to the cam gear replacement?

Lexus Chatswood. Hm...i would doubt the facelifted model we have here is issue-fixed. (like excessive brake dust, cam gear etc....) They claimed those known issues are all fixed for the facelifted model. But...maybe just for US ? i dunno.

As for the recall, i just realized i didn't change the owner details when i bought it. Its been serviced by Lexus chatswood tho. Would that be a risk that i don't receive the letter?

Well if you haven't updated your address they won't know who you are...

I changed owner details straight away for the encore benefits etc

Still no letter yet.

Well....i have been received all the promotion and update letters from Lexus. That's why i presume they have my car details and personal info etc.... in the customer database. (Correct me if am wrong) ...

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone heard anything yet? bit slack..

samsung, should be ok then

did you get the encore card/package? etc

in the back of your collection of lexus books they have a slip you can mail in worth doing this for the roadside etc.

i actually just emailed Lexus the change of ownership form earlier this week. I also mentioned about the recall in the email.

The guy from Lexus Customer Service called me within an hr after sending the email. What a great service !!!!!

But......the bad news is ...He confirmed my car is in the recall list. He said i will receive the letter by this week.

Hmm after reading about this it's got me thinking about my Mark X. Naturally not being sold here Toyota/Lexus might kick up a stink. I might have to email them.

If worst comes to worst ill do it myself, but if someone else will do it for free then I'll get around that haha.