Both Side Mirror Up And Down Not Working

I just discovered that both of my side mirror up and down switch on the door is not working despite left and right are working fine, I asked Lexus and they charge $1500 for each mirror to be replaced as they claim new motor is needed without proper inspect car.
Does anyone have experienced the same problem here?

I just dont think both mirror $1500 each and I thought that is just $$$

Tks!

No, none of them working with its up and down position, but both left and right all working perfectly.

I just think it cant be that bad with both side mirror having problem with its up and down button.

Cuz Lexus wants charge $1500 for each so I thought just ask around if anyone here experience the same problem or not.

No, none of them working with its up and down position, but both left and right all working perfectly.

I just think it cant be that bad with both side mirror having problem with its up and down button.

Cuz Lexus wants charge $1500 for each so I thought just ask around if anyone here experience the same problem or not.

seems strange both sides stopped working,

what year is your IS ? are they Auto-Tilting?

is the harness 1-pin or 2-pin ?

I think it might be the door mirror switch itself

try swapping it out with another1

where r u located?

Try just swapping the door switch first to do the process of elimination

• 2 weeks later...

Lexus *BLEEP*ed my mirrors up too, I told them to fix it and then they blamed it on me and said I broke them, quoted a stupid price to do so as well.. now my right mirror struggles to position itself and my left one doesn't work at all. So I thought, *BLEEP* it, I'll just use my fingers to reposition them, so I just adjusted it manually haha. Not sure if my car was meant to have the auto-tilt feature but never did since I was the owner.. so eh

It cost too much to fix it, I adjust the mirror manually by finger as well. Lexus dealership is wayyyy too $$$$$, never go there for anything apart from get them to find out what problem exactly I have on my vehicle then I get others to fix it

• 1 year later...

Has anyone found a fix to this that doesn't involve changing over the entire motor assembly?

I've got an '07 IS250 and the left mirror does not move up or down, it wiggles about when I try presumably because the gears are shredded. The right mirror works so that rules out the switch. I'm not afraid of completely stripping it and replacing gears but want to know if it's a common problem (which it appears to be) and there are cheap aftermarket parts which I can buy and have on-hand before I pull it all apart.

Alternatively, can I rip out the motor and still reassemble the mirror in a fixed position so I can work on fabricating parts whilst keeping the car on the road?

I've just done some more Googling and it appears as though each mirror has a pair of small motors with worm gears and a corresponding disc shaped gear. If this is the case I think I should be able to reassemble it without these components while I search for the correct gears. I'm also hoping that these are suitable replacement parts for the IS250... http://www.hongmei.com.tw/cat/lexus/power-mirror-repair-parts-2/

Thanks

• 3 years later...